The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Firstly one should not care about what college is popular and what college is not when applying, but about what college he likes best.

2. Regarding getting in or not it does not matter what college you choose, as you will get in if you're good enough....that's what the winter pool is for.

3. If you're only interested in application stats just go to www.cam.ac.uk and have a look at the stats yourself...
Reply 2
Top 5 - the ones you like
last 5 - the ones you do not like.
Nothing more to it.

I would like the college that will accept me.:biggrin:
The OP is not asking for anything other than the most popular colleges.

Not on the ones he may (not) like...
Reply 4
1. Trinity
2. Johns
3. Emma
4. Clare
5. Kings

1. Lucy Cavendish
2. New Hall
3. Newnham
4. Wolfson
5. St Edmunds
Vazzyb
1. Trinity
2. Johns
3. Emma
4. Clare
5. Kings

1. Lucy Cavendish
2. New Hall
3. Newnham
4. Wolfson
5. St Edmunds

Thank you for your opinion!
Reply 6
1, 4 and 5 of the latter are rather pointless seeing as they're mature colleges anyway, and hence the number of people doing a full three year undergrad. are going to be in the single digits :rolleyes:
You might as well add Hughes, Darwin and Clare Hall seeing as the last two are graduate only and therefore no undergraduates can even apply!
Can anyone give me the top 5 popular/unpopular colleges that accept undergraduates?
Reply 8
I was expecting this :smile:
1. Girton
2. Churchill
3. Girton again
4. Balliol
5. Jordan

1. St Johns
2. St Eds
3. St Catz
4. St Pancras
5. Santa Claus
I would say...

Trinity, Johns, King's, Clare, Emma.

Girton, Homerton, Fitzwilliam, Churchill, New Hall/Murray Edwards
Reply 11
Yah I think its pretty obviously
Trinity, Johns, King's, Clare, Emma.

then if we went on...

Caius, Christs :smile:

But remember that things vary for different subjects...For example Medicine,

Johns have some of the worst records in the first year... (at least this year) - 2 firsts from about 18 people :|
Reply 12
Depends on the subject I guess. Trinity seems to be very popular but says (on its website) that its undersubscribed for English, Law, Archeology and Anthropology, etc..
Reply 13
Groan.

Oh, and Ad-Alta means "1, 4 & 5" -- New Hall/Murray Edwards is NOT a mature students' only college. :smile:
Reply 14
epitome
Oh, and Ad-Alta means "1, 4 & 5" -- New Hall/Murray Edwards is NOT a mature students' only college. :smile:

Oops yes, my bad.
Edited. :smile:
llys
Depends on the subject I guess. Trinity seems to be very popular but says (on its website) that its undersubscribed for English, Law, Archeology and Anthropology, etc..

OK, top 5 popular/unpopular colleges for economics?
Reply 16
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/statistics/

Judging by the amount of time you have to make pointless threads, you'll have time to go through all that to get the information you want.
Reply 17
don't worry im so academic, ignore him, ive made loads of threads like this in the past - it all helps

i even remember making a 'best medical school in london' post in the medical school section... now, most of the students on there either love their london medical school so much theyd never admit anything else was better or believe that the whole concept of a 'best' medical school doesn't exist...(which is insane...but so many medical students preach this endlessly for some unknown reason).
I'd say...

Most Popular
1. Trinity
2. John's
3. Kings
4. Clare
5. Emma

Unpopular [excluding Grad colleges]
1. New Hall
2. Girton
3. Newnham
4. Homerton
5. Robinson
Reply 19
Hopefully Churchill is going to be rising up a bit, seeing as we jumped about 10 places in the Tompkin's Table this year :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending