The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't think you can put specific modules on UCAS. You could learn 2 more modules and put down Additional Further Maths AS level
Just doing 13 won't do anything other than making those 2 As easier!
You could mention it in your personal statement though.
Reply 2
nuodai
I'm going to be doing 13 maths modules, which will give me a Maths A-level (C1 C2 C3 C4 S1 M1), a Further Maths A-level (FP1 FP2 D1 M2 S2 S3) and an extra module (D2) I'm doing the extra one because it's relevant to my uni degree and it means that when I do badly in M2 it may be able to bump up my overall A-level.

How should I represent this on my UCAS form?

You should probably put it in your personal statement, as unless its changed from last year I'm not aware of any way to put it on the actual grades section of the application.
Reply 3
Thanks! I think I'll get my senior tutor to mention it in my reference; my personal statement is already 47 lines long.
Reply 4
nuodai
Thanks! I think I'll get my senior tutor to mention it in my reference; my personal statement is already 47 lines long.

That's a good idea. I got my head of sixth form to put stuff in my reference I couldn't fit in to my personal statement so there shouldn't be a problem there.
Reply 5
I'd do 2 more extra modules and get an AS in Additional further mathematics because a module on its own isn't worth anything to universities...even if it is mentioned in your reference, it could make you look better but its not worth anything...
You put it as Two A levels, don't you? I mean, those are they qualifications that you'll be getting at the end, aren't they?

MB
Reply 7
i did 13 modules, i only wrote 12 of them,but i still got into uni fine, and i only got the required grade in further maths because of the module i didnt list. i think as long as you meet your offer its fine no matter what combination of modules you use. edexcel can even switch your modules like put m1 into your furthermaths, to get the best possible grade

Latest

Trending

Trending