The Student Room Group

Please help! certificates for enrolment..

Hi..this is my first time on here and i've read some really helpful answers so please if you guys could do the same for me.

I'm on my gap year..i applied to do business management and got a unconditional offer from the uni but i got a confirmation pack saying that on day of enrolment everyone needs to bring their certificates.

The problem is i filled in my GCSE and A level results on my UCAS application when i was completely drunk! I lied about a few of my results, like saying i got a B on a subject when actually i got a C..I regret it completely. But the thing is if i applied through UCAS wouldn't they have already noticed i lied about my results? So i'm thinking that if i don't bring my qualifications on enrolment day will they kick me out? And do they have my original application there with them so that they can match the two results together and proof read to decide what happens? I'm so confused. I didn't intend on lying I only realised the other day that i'd wrote the wrong grades on my UCAS application having seen my certificates a few days back.

What should i do? Most of my mates at uni have said they don't even bother checking your results 99.9 percent of the time. But i've got the worst luck ever! If they decide to check my results then i'm done..i only did this on two subjects..

Please help! I'm worried crazy right now :frown:
Reply 1
If you lied about your results they may not accept you just for that reason. I don't really know much about how it all works, but *tut* you shouldn't of lied.
It is unlikely they will worry about minor siscrepancies in your GCSE results, unless a particular GCSE grade is part of the general entry requirement. However, if you lied about your A level grade it is unlikely to be irrelevant. It might be worth your while writing to correct your mistake (now), so that if they do care about it enough to cancel your offer you will have the option of applying for another place through clearing (and won't have incurred the costs of travelling, setting yourself up and so on).

Plenty of universities ask for certificates, as do employers.

It goes without saying that you should never try to do anything important while under the influence of alcohol, but you know this.
Reply 3
hey thanks for the advice. Keeley i didn't intend to lie. I was in the middle of Australia hammered and i just wrote down the results i could remember.

I rang up today and said to them "i'm sorry but i might have written down the wrong results on my UCAS application." They were very helpful and rang back an hour later explaining that i'd actually put down all my AS and A level results correctly but for one of my GCSE (French) i'd put i got a A star when i was 2 marks off it. They said it was no big issue and that most universities receive the grades a long time before we even get hold of them. They don't even look into minor details that dont relate to your subject as Good Bloke rightfully said.

But thanks for the advice good bloke. I'm glad this is out the way.
Reply 4
Glad it all sorted itself out for you.

And remember, never fill out an important form again when you are pissed! :wink: lol

Latest

Trending

Trending