The Student Room Group

Is Anyone Else Waiting On Uni Replies Through Clearing?

I'm going crazy! I thought through clearing you find out pretty much immediately whether or not you can be offered a place but I've been told to wait like a week or some such vagueness..............

Is anyone else waiting on a university/universities to get back to them? Has anyone had this happen in previous years?

Sigh. Patience is a virtue, I guess.
Well obviously you're not the only one applying and they're not going to take just anyone, they still want the best of what they can get. What was it that they said exactly?
Reply 2
Yeah I know. I applied in person (as opposed to on the phone) and filled out the clearing form at the university too. The guy said I'll probably hear sometime next week. But when I was there I didn't even get asked about why I wanted to do such and such course, I just wrote down my subjects, grades and what course I wanted there.

I guess I'll ring them tomorrow or send an email.
Reply 3
key is not to just be waiting on one university... call around others. Thats what i did... when i eventually got the uni i thought was best i called up the ones that had offered me a place and declined their offer.

I've read threads on here where universities have taken ages to get back to someone only to find they rejected them... don't just rely on that one uni!
Reply 4
bellebaihe
Yeah I know. I applied in person (as opposed to on the phone) and filled out the clearing form at the university too. The guy said I'll probably hear sometime next week. But when I was there I didn't even get asked about why I wanted to do such and such course, I just wrote down my subjects, grades and what course I wanted there.

I guess I'll ring them tomorrow or send an email.
Yes definitely ring them first thing tomorrow, and also look around at other places unless these guys ask you for your Passport, which you should have on Monday if not already.
Reply 5
Yep, I'm waiting for Goldsmiths to get back to me. Talked to the tutor on the phone, and she said she is gonna consider me and call me back within an hour. Four hours later and no call. So I called them again and was told she is still making up her mind. That was on Friday. I'm gonna call them on Monday and see what's up but I'm also gonna call other unis cos I don't just wanna rely on one.
Reply 6
Abz90
Yep, I'm waiting for Goldsmiths to get back to me. Talked to the tutor on the phone, and she said she is gonna consider me and call me back within an hour. Four hours later and no call. So I called them again and was told she is still making up her mind. That was on Friday. I'm gonna call them on Monday and see what's up but I'm also gonna call other unis cos I don't just wanna rely on one.

Arrrhh. Thing is, I know I should apply to other universities too, but I really really badly want this course and this place. Best be on the safe side though, eh. Good luck for monday calls etc.

=)
Reply 7
bellebaihe
Arrrhh. Thing is, I know I should apply to other universities too, but I really really badly want this course and this place. Best be on the safe side though, eh. Good luck for monday calls etc.

=)

Thanks. I also really badly want to go Goldsmiths but I'm still gonna try others incase everything doesn't work out, and I'm not too sure they will, tbh.

But good luck to you too. Let's hope we get what we want :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending