The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Neutrinoghost
I can now confirm Wing Yip now sell it for 58p/can...wow.

I'm off to Cambridge on Saturday to see a mate and will try and get some there, otherwise I'm off to Cricklewood on Sunday.

Beware though, the A&W sold in the Asian supermarkets is not the same as the American one, it's made in Malaysia with different ingreidients, so you might notice a difference.

I personally don't find much of a difference to Root Beer and the UK equivilent of Dandilion and Burdock - it's essentially the same drink taste and flavourings wise.
The only difference I can find, is the use of sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's not as carbonated as Mug, but it still tastes gorgeous.
A&W Root beer from Wing Yip, 24x330ml for £11.85..that's just 49p each.
Reply 42
"I personally don't find much of a difference to Root Beer and the UK equivilent of Dandilion and Burdock - it's essentially the same drink taste and flavourings wise."

I don't find any difference between chinese and japanese people, they are essientially the same race.............. :wink:

They are completely different unless you have highly defective taste buds..... lol :p:
It is difficult to find the real American stuff particularly cheap - as has been mentioned there's not-so good version in some asian shops, but if you want the real taste you've got to get it imported. American Soda import and sell A&W Root Beer in packs of 12, working out as less than a quid a can, which isn't too bad!

Latest