The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Randy2008
I want to reveal mine at home, don't want to associate myself with idiots there who are in tears with happiness because they got a C.

Youre joking right? You gotta be
Reply 21
I can so see where its comming from, but it is slightly harsh :smile:
Reply 22
Slightly pompous
Reply 23
maybe oyu could just ask your friends not to ask you about them straight away? Or, just plain ignore htem when they do.
Reply 24
I'm going to try my best to open them when i'm alone so i can come to terms with the exact level of under-achieving i have reached, before having to deal with all my friends asking me how I did. I have one friend in particular who i can imagine grabbing my results sheet out of my hand before I've even read it, haha
everyone says they will open theirs in toilet/ chapel/ quiet corner but you will end up opening them in front of everyone in all probability
Can you open them with your favorite teacher?
Ramadulla
Can you open them with your favorite teacher?

There'll probably be teachers hanging around so you can probably just grab them for a moment so you can. Sometimes some teachers don't turn up though which sucks.
Reply 28
I'm getting my results then I'm vacating the premises asap.I'll read it somewhere quiet :yep: :smile:
Who's going to walk coldly in, grab the results without uttering a word and then just walk out to open their results ignoring the delirious atmosphere they will be accustomed by?
Ramadulla
Who's going to walk coldly in, grab the results without uttering a word and then just walk out to open their results ignoring the delirious atmosphere they will be accustomed by?

I'm similar. When I go to pick up my AQA results, I'm going to go in and try and make absolutely NO eye contact with the person handing me my results or any of my subject teachers. Then I'll try and go somewhere alone - probably not a toilet because 100000 others will have that idea. I may just go around the back of my school.
Reply 31
rach.
I'm similar. When I go to pick up my AQA results, I'm going to go in and try and make absolutely NO eye contact with the person handing me my results or any of my subject teachers. Then I'll try and go somewhere alone - probably not a toilet because 100000 others will have that idea. I may just go around the back of my school.

Yeah, the teachers all know the results, therefore they may give obvious hints like smiling unusually.
Reply 32
Randy2008
Yeah, the teachers all know the results, therefore they may give obvious hints like smiling unusually.

I really hope they don't :s-smilie: it would kind of spoil the suspense if you walked in and they were all grinning insanely at you (either that or frowning/weeping/growling in your direction)
Randy2008

I got loads of random side-glances from all the senior staff while waiting for my A-level results. I thought that was really weird but ignored it, turned out I was one of four people that got AAA, haha.
I'm going to try and get there as early as I can then take the envelope and open it by myself. Then if I've done really well go back and see everyone, if not just leg it as far away as possible! :p:
Nope.I'd rather not open my results in front of anyone.
Reply 36
Meelz
no im opening them in the car probably i duno!!

:ditto:
I don't get to go to school, we all get our results emailed instead. The school was happy to be rid of us :yep:
I'm getting my results and going off to some quiet corner. My school is huge so there will be loads of places to hide and squeal/cry :biggrin:
Reply 39
i have no idea really just depends how i feel on the day

Latest