The Student Room Group
it's gotten really hard to get any job :frown:
Reply 2
Yeah things are tough guys. Tesco is not recruiting across the board with only a handful of exceptions. Times are hard and employers are having to tighten their bottom lines, and recruitment is always first to suffer sadly.
bete noire
Or has it gotten really hard to get a part time job these days?

Its always hard to get part time jobs, although maybe there are less oppotunities because of the current economic situation.
Reply 4
Yeh i failed at getting a job too :frown:
Reply 5
Sucks cause I'm going to uni and renting and my loans wont come for a while cause i applied late
bete noire
Sucks cause I'm going to uni and renting and my loans wont come for a while cause i applied late

sucks cuz my boss is trying to get me to quit and making my days hell, but i can't find a job to replace it :frown:

i've managed to get an interview for tomorrow but my friend's also going for it and he's good mates with the manager :frown:

can you borrow money from family at all? or speak to the uni about their hardship fund. i started uni late too and it took ages for my loans to come through, I didn't get them until about a week before i dropped out :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Yeah, each summer is getting progressively worse.
Reply 8
death.drop
sucks cuz my boss is trying to get me to quit and making my days hell, but i can't find a job to replace it :frown:

i've managed to get an interview for tomorrow but my friend's also going for it and he's good mates with the manager :frown:

can you borrow money from family at all? or speak to the uni about their hardship fund. i started uni late too and it took ages for my loans to come through, I didn't get them until about a week before i dropped out :rolleyes:

My family is dirt poor haha, I figure if I don't get a job by the time I finalize a place to live in I'll talk to the uni about it or something :s-smilie:
Reply 9
It's not just you :frown: but none of my friends seem to agree, so they think i'm a waste of space for being unemployed all summer. I'm getting desperate!
It does seem to be really hard for people to get jobs at the moment.
I'm doing bank shifts at one place and ws trying to get a regular part-time job but haven't been successful. I had interviews for three, but in the last few weeks I haven't even found any to apply for so I've ended up applying to another oganisation for more bank work.
Omg Yes Yes Yes. They are all in school hours. :frown:
bete noire
My family is dirt poor haha, I figure if I don't get a job by the time I finalize a place to live in I'll talk to the uni about it or something :s-smilie:

talk to the uni now, that way you know what's available to you and can get the ball rolling in case there's a long wait.
Reply 13
Tell me about it, think Ive tried hundreds of places with little luck. Sucks when you're trying to buy your first house!
Get a job in McDonalds, my store has had 3-4 new starts every week for the last 3 months or so. :yep:
Reply 15
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Get a job in McDonalds, my store has had 3-4 new starts every week for the last 3 months or so. :yep:

I'd get treated like **** by someone who didn't even get five gcse's, i'm desperate for a job but seriously no.
Reply 16
Part time work is hard. Employers are looking for perm. staff as part timers just leave when they see fit.
bete noire
I'd get treated like **** by someone who didn't even get five gcse's, i'm desperate for a job but seriously no.

As in the managers or the customers?? Both can be idiots.
I'm glad there are others who feel the same way.

I am absolutely sick of people saying get a job, do they know how hard it is?

This is the worst that it's been. I've never been out of work for this long before, I've always managed to pick something up but this summer has been the worst.

Latest

Trending

Trending