The Student Room Group

help an arab to get to med school in UK

hey
i am arab and i am living in the uae(i am originally from iraq).i finished my A levels and got A in math,A in chem,B in bio
i got 3 As in igcse bio,chem and phy and 3 Bs in math IT and english.
i really want to study med but i dont know what universities would accept my grades
so any advice :smile:
i really want to study in the UK i was thinking to applly for RCSI and Brighton and Sussex Medical School

plzzzzzzzzzz helpppppppppp:confused: :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just phone the unis... seem good enough i dont know about international applicants though...
I can supply you with a boat if you want.
Reply 3
The first posters advice seems to be the best option I would say- welcome to TSR and good luck with your application :biggrin:
Reply 4
freakaleak
just phone the unis... seem good enough i dont know about international applicants though...

i ll try to call them thnx for the advice
Reply 5
I am sorry but arabs are not allowed to study medicine in the uk.
Reply 6
Well BSMS didn't accept my friend who is an AAAA student but he got into Imperial so just watch out for that one. You need to do appropriate work experience/charity voluntary work.
Reply 7
I am sorry but arabs are not allowed to study medicine in the uk.

haahaaa...who told u that??!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
kates:)
Well BSMS didn't accept my friend who is an AAAA student but he got into Imperial so just watch out for that one. You need to do appropriate work experience/charity voluntary work.

i worked for the red crecent last year but i didnt think that will help
Reply 9
RM4ever
haahaaa...who told u that??!!!!!!!!

I thought it was common knowledge.
Reply 10
noo...there r thousands of them there (studying medicine as well as other things)!
Reply 11
RM4ever
noo...there r thousands of them there (studying medicine as well as other things)!

Really?! Where?

I have yet to see one.
Reply 12
I'm sure SusDev is being sarcastic RM4ever, don't fret.
Reply 13
RM4ever

he is joking
Reply 14
SusDev
I thought it was common knowledge.

Are you serious ? International students are very welcome in Uk universities- heck they pay about triple the fees that Uk nationals do.
Reply 15
SusDev
Really?! Where?

I have yet to see one.

one of my relatives is studying in birmingham uni but his grades were much higher than mine
Reply 16
Ed.
Are you serious ?

no
Reply 17
static-x
i worked for the red crecent last year but i didnt think that will help

I'm not familiar with the charity you're talking of.
Things like volunteering to help with disabled people is always good, shows your compassionate side. Ask to shadow a GP. Get a few days in a department you are interested in at a hospital. Things like this. Percentage of your salary for me when you've qualified and earning lots.

Simple! :p:
Reply 18
static-x
one of my relatives is studying in birmingham uni but his grades were much higher than mine

Don't worry too much about your grades...money speaks.
Reply 19
Really?! Where?

I have yet to see one.

ok...good luck looking for one!

Latest

Trending

Trending