The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
malleablegrace
In terms of theory-based Drama, Bristol is easily one of the best Universities for it in the country.

Yeah I've looked into Bristol, seems quite good but hasn't really amazed me. Although seeing as it is highly respected I'll probably attend an open day. Thanks =]
mikeey_30
Again I've already said I would ultimately choose between dance and drama, I'm aware that with the aspects of dance and drama I am looking for, there won't be much options of having them together.

I apologise if I made it sound as if I have a pushy teacher, but I can re-assure you that I am just as keen and determined to continue my dance training. My teacher just backs that up with strong motivation.

I have spoken to my teachers but I am looking for the opinion and experience of students my age hence why I started this thread. I appreciate your opinion but I feel this thread is clearly going off tangent. All I was asking for is what uni's are best for drama (theory) and dance, hoping for responses from people with own experience rather than my teachers who have helped me get this far, but obviously only have own experience in one or two uni's quite some years ago.

Okey dokey :smile:

Good Luck with your search :smile:
hey hey i like all the people biggin up Central! haha

your resident expert for that is here:wink:

central is very practical on the acting courses as thats just straight acting no real theory. however my course (performing arts), is the one most like a typical drama course at uni. thats why i picked it. i applied to
royal holloway
queen mary
manchester
london south bank
CSSD.

central was the only drama school i applied to. all the rest were drama degrees at normal unis cos i wanted theory. At central, for my course, there is a LOT of theory (my reading list is 44 books for my first year!), however it is also very practical (i have a bizarre equipment list including a yoga mat, meaning i will have lots of movement classes including acting, dancing and meditation:smile:

http://www.cssd.ac.uk/undergrad.php/8/peformance_arts.html
thats the link for my course:smile:
i got AAC too and my offer was BB.

but the other unis i applied to were equally as good for drama. some of the best in the country (except london south bank lol, dont apply there haha!). manchester evern rejected me after interview lol! never mind, central it is:biggrin:
Lipa?

Latest