The Student Room Group

Guys: Are tall girls 'intimidating'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Socrates
I do find taller girls intimidating. Though that's probably because I'm not very tall myself.

I dunno mate, I'd find a girl that is taller than me w/o heals intimidating, because I AM tall :s-smilie:

guys...we're screwed either was :eek:
History Lost in Physics
I haven't got a problem with tall women but I hate heels. Not sure why - I think it's probably for some strange ultra feminist reason about it being all about pleasing men.

Heels are there to give the impress that the girls' legs are longer. As girls mature, for the majority, their hips, thighs and legs in general widen. By putting heels on, it gives women back the appearance of youthful teenage legs.

Anyway, that's what I heard. It could be a load of rubbish.
Reply 22
SamTheMan
Heels are there to give the impress that the girls' legs are longer. As girls mature, for the majority, their hips, thighs and legs in general widen. By putting heels on, it gives women back the appearance of youthful teenage legs.

the part about the way their hips widen and stuff is true, but that occurs at around the age the begin puberity...why would they wanna look youthful at that age :rolleyes: girls....i swear...the dude who figures them out, noble prize winner for sure (ladies i mean that in a good way :hugs:)
SamTheMan

Whatever it's for I find them a big turn off! :biggrin:

Maybe that's why I only fancy girls with huge legs...

Reply 24
Lithium
I dunno mate, I'd find a girl that is taller than me w/o heals intimidating, because I AM tall :s-smilie:

guys...we're screwed either was :eek:

Its a hard life I tell you. Damned if we are, damned if we aren't.
Heels are painful anyway :mad:
Oh, but all for vanity...
Reply 26
Im 6ft 2 and i don't mind tall girls...so long as your not tallER. so 6ft1 in heels would be fine
Reply 27
Socrates
Its a hard life I tell you. Damned if we are, damned if we aren't.

:yep: but somehow we still manage :wink:
Reply 28
Micky13
Im 6ft 2 and i don't mind tall girls...so long as your not tallER. so 6ft1 in heels would be fine

doesn't that make her "taller" than you?
Reply 29
lol i meant, once she is in heels, 6ft1 would be fine....so whatever height that is...say 5ft11?
i'm kinda intimidated by very very taller girls, cus I'm short, 5ft 7. When i go to a club it sucks that most girl are taller than me, I probably wouldn't mind dating a girl 1or2 inches taller me, but any higher than that would look strange.
Reply 31
HCD
If your height is holding you back, don't wear heels. It's not exactly Fermat's last ****ing theorem, is it?

Harsh. But. Fair. :yy:
Reply 32
Why is this such a big deal?

It'll will always be some tall girl expounding on the fact that she can wear heels if she ****ing wants to, and some guys saying that long legs FTW, some guys saying that they prefer someone shorter, some tall girl feeling bad for being tall, a short girl saying that she likes her height, and another short girl saying that really she'd like to be taller, because her legs would look oh-so-much better in short skirts.

There's all the variety, folks.

Honestly, I've never had men not hit on me in clubs and I'm 5'11" and wear heels occasionally. So, I wouldn't blame height.
Reply 33
They can be, at times..
Reply 34
I love tall women.
Reply 35
superman Zog
i'm kinda intimidated by very very taller girls, cus I'm short, 5ft 7. When i go to a club it sucks that most girl are taller than me, I probably wouldn't mind dating a girl 1or2 inches taller me, but any higher than that would look strange.

Yeah, my bf's around your height, and I'm 5'9. I only wear heels when he pisses me off. Or when I'm going out with friends only. Meh, it's all ******** anyway, this height business, I don't get what the big deal is. Anyway, I respect his feelings (mostly) and don't wear them, but I personally don't care.

Anyway, OP, who cares if they find you intimidating? If you're attractive, there will be some that don't care and hit on you anyway.
Reply 36
Again, I'm similar height to poster above me but I don't find tall women "intimidating." Instead, my reason is even worse because it lacks explanation. I can't even resolve it myself but I just don't think "it's right."

I'd still definitely flirt with a tall girl though.
Lithium
the part about the way their hips widen and stuff is true, but that occurs at around the age the begin puberity...why would they wanna look youthful at that age :rolleyes: girls....i swear...the dude who figures them out, noble prize winner for sure (ladies i mean that in a good way :hugs:)

Heels were designed for women not for young teenage girls though... but they still work on younger girls because long thin legs can look even longer. The hips thing and larger legs definitely accelerates after puberty. There are far more girls with large legs by 25 or 30 than at 16 for example. I reckon that a "woman", according to nature, isn't supposed to look like a 16-year old girl but our society has imposed the image of the slim girl with narrow hips and long thin legs so it's an eternal battle for the adult woman to achieve this ideal: either she has the "abnormal" genes to be a model or she has to rely on artifice.
I don't understand women and the more you think you understand them, the more it becomes depressing. Sometimes it's best not to understand.
tall girls scare me
My girlfriend is 6ft and i don't mind her wearing heels :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending