Exeter
Abb!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
TheFuturesBright
Could I get in with ABC, do you think?

I doubt it.
If you were predicted ABC by your teachers, then you may not even get an offer.
The standard offer for Psychology at Exeter right now is AAA, or AAB. And Exeter is climbing the league tables, becoming increasingly popular each year, so the competition is only going to get more intense by the time you come to apply.
What year are you in now? Do you actually have ABC achieved already or do you not think you're going to do any better than this when it comes to exams? Aim for AAB and you'd have a decent shot at it.
Reply 3
didnt the amount of applications to psychology increase by 50% last year?
My friend was rejected with ABB :frown: poor her
Reply 5
:frown:

somebody was asking whether or not exeter or kings college was better, and she was turned down because she didnt get the exact grades (AAA) even though she was 4 marks off an A.

i basically said that exeter is competitive and because of the amount of applicants with high grades, they don't have to lower the grades all the time to fill the seats.

i assume this will be true of psychology either now or in the very near future.
AAB. Yea exeter is now 4th place on the guardian league table for psychology and 8th on the times league table (moved up a lot of spaces from last years). Overall exeter is placed 13/14 on the league table as an institution. So yea psychology course will be majorly competitive for 2009 entry. I'm guessing more AAA offers will be made than AAB offers will now be made.
Reply 7
I messed up my first year AS grades and didn't think anyone would accept them but Exeter did and although their prospectus says the entry requirements for psychology is AAA/AAB they offered me only BBC to get in, as long as I could get minimum of grade B in my A2 psychology exam... but as it turned out I managed to get AAAB so its not like I didn't earn my place, but my friend who applied same year, same course was offered a place to get AAB and she got rejected when she only got ABB.. so I have no idea how they work it out!!

Latest

Trending

Trending