The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Personally, I think the extra money is well worth 'Luxury' over 'Basic' - if you're talking Lafrowda that is.

I've got a friend whose going to be in Standard next year whose perfectly happy to do so, however I much prefer the overall 'polished' appeal of Enhanced. For some people it makes no difference, for some it does. Different strokes for different folks. To be honest what makes it more than anything else is the crowd you are with. First year you will spend hardly any time in your room anyway as you'll be out / library / social things and whatnot, so it doesnt really make that much difference.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I was in enhanced Laffy too, but my parents paid for my accommodation so I didn't really feel the difference money-wise. I enjoyed it but am sure I would have enjoyed myself just as much in Standard, so if the money really would make a difference to you then go for Standard :smile:
Reply 3
lmcorr
Personally, I think the extra money is well worth 'Luxury' over 'Basic' - if you're talking Lafrowda that is.

I've got a friend whose going to be in Standard next year whose perfectly happy to do so, however I much prefer the overall 'polished' appeal of Enhanced. For some people it makes no difference, for some it does. Different strokes for different folks. To be honest what makes it more than anything else is the crowd you are with. First year you will spend hardly any time in your room anyway as you'll be out / library / social things and whatnot, so it doesnt really make that much difference.

I actually spent one hell of a lot of time in my room! But personally, I would definitely prefer enhanced to standard...
When it comes to Lafrowda, I don't think you get that much more with Enhanced, especially not when it comes to the bedrooms.
The kitchen/lounge is done up quite a fair bit, but then in some you don't actually get a lounge and its just the kitchen that is updated with new fixtures/fittings etc.
I personally would not be able to justify spending an extra £15 a week on Enhanced just for a few new cupboards etc. I lived in Standard and was perfectly happy with it. At least it means they're less likely to charge you for damages etc :biggrin: so much stuff got broken in our flat and we haven't had to shell out a penny.

Latest

Trending

Trending