The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

pictures of the garden halls?

I've been allocated hughes parry hall but i'm having a spot of bother trying to find pictures of it. I've seen a couple of the building from the outside but can't seem to locate any of the actual rooms.

anyone have pictures?

any info in general about HP/ garden halls would be much appreciated too. I'm a bit gutted about the lack of washbasins in rooms but meh.

Scroll to see replies

I haven't sent my application yet, need flippin photos
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Lack of wash basins?! Ok, I'm beginning to see why you're peed off about having Hughes Parry Hall :redface: Sorry, no info here.

One of the rooms here;
http://www.tomdaniels.com/photogallery/2004Mediterranean/33.HughesParry.jpg

It looks spacious at least?
Hey I was in commonwealth last year so I know all about the garden halls. Anything you want to know in particular?
Reply 4
You might find something on flickr.
Reply 5
blahbloo
Lack of wash basins?! Ok, I'm beginning to see why you're peed off about having Hughes Parry Hall :redface: Sorry, no info here.

One of the rooms here;

haha yes i saww that on google
i was hoping it was somekind of joke..
Reply 6
blahbloo

One of the rooms here;

Is it me, or is that picture really distorted? Good impression of what your room will look like when you come in pissed I guess. :p:
Reply 7
Onearmedbandit
Hey I was in commonwealth last year so I know all about the garden halls. Anything you want to know in particular?

well, erm everything pretty much?

whats the food like, how social is it, proximity to ucl chemistry department, how strict is it, what the rooms are like, is it annoying having to use shared bathrooms?

just tell me everything please :smile:
Reply 8
Really pixelated, yup. Think someone took it as a really small picture then attempted to make the room look much bigger by expanding it. It didnt work. :p:
atoms4peace
well, erm everything pretty much?

whats the food like, how social is it, proximity to ucl chemistry department, how strict is it, what the rooms are like, is it annoying having to use shared bathrooms?

just tell me everything please :smile:

The food is the same in all the garden halls I think, and it's....... food. It ranges from ok to bad but the most annoying thing is the fact that you'll inevitably miss a lot of meals and feel like you've wasted your money (especially on breakfast)... you can get packed "meals" if you miss dinner but they're crap.

Socially the halls are fine. People make lots of friends mostly in the dining hall and I think each hall has its own social committee which puts on social events.

It's close to the chemistry dept. No more than 10 minutes' walk, and you can get there in 5 if you hurry.

The rooms (in commonwealth, at least) are a decent size compared to most halls and I never found it a problem sharing toilets/bathroom/sinks, but I don't really care about that... it may be more of a problem for other people.

The worst thing I found was that it's very strict with regards to having people over. You have to sign guests in & out and nobody is allowed in past 11 (unless you've signed them in overnight BEFORE 11pm for which you have to pay £1.50). You can't sign anyone in after 11, and if you're caught with a guest after 11 you're fined £10. I still don't know why they have these rules except to make them more money...
Reply 10
Onearmedbandit
The food is the same in all the garden halls I think, and it's....... food. It ranges from ok to bad but the most annoying thing is the fact that you'll inevitably miss a lot of meals and feel like you've wasted your money (especially on breakfast)... you can get packed "meals" if you miss dinner but they're crap.

Socially the halls are fine. People make lots of friends mostly in the dining hall and I think each hall has its own social committee which puts on social events.

It's close to the chemistry dept. No more than 10 minutes' walk, and you can get there in 5 if you hurry.

The rooms (in commonwealth, at least) are a decent size compared to most halls and I never found it a problem sharing toilets/bathroom/sinks, but I don't really care about that... it may be more of a problem for other people.

The worst thing I found was that it's very strict with regards to having people over. You have to sign guests in & out and nobody is allowed in past 11 (unless you've signed them in overnight BEFORE 11pm for which you have to pay £1.50). You can't sign anyone in after 11, and if you're caught with a guest after 11 you're fined £10. I still don't know why they have these rules except to make them more money...[/QUOTE]

WHAT?
that's rediculous :no:

how many people are on each floor? is it mixed or single sex?
sorry didnt reply on FB btw, the instant messanger functions screwed up, kept sayin u were offline
Reply 11
atoms4peace

WHAT?

how many people are on each floor? is it mixed or single sex?
sorry didnt reply on FB btw, the instant messanger functions screwed up, kept sayin u were offline

I don't know how many people per floor in HP, I think it varies depending on where abouts you are. I'm pretty sure it's mixed; commonwealth is.

Yeah FB chat is dodgy, it always says my messages aren't being sent even though they apparently are...
atoms4peace

WHAT?

You can have guests, it just costs money and you need to sign them in. In the end, it just makes random casual sex with strangers round yours much more difficult.

how many people are on each floor?

Roughly 20ish?

is it mixed or single sex?

Single sex. The smell difference between a male floor and a female floor is remarkable.
President_Ben
You can have guests, it just costs money and you need to sign them in. In the end, it just makes random casual sex with strangers round yours much more difficult.

It's not just that, it's having to have all your friends leave by 11... a lot of the time it may have been 10ish and I was with a friend and we wanted to say watch a film or something, well either we couldn't or I had to go to their place. In the end I just found ways to cheat the system.
Reply 15
is there internet connection in the rooms of HP?
i assumed there would be but it doesnt mention it anyway.
Yeah there is. It's fast, and it's free. :smile: Well, if it's like commonwealth, which I assume it is...
Reply 17
Onearmedbandit
It's not just that, it's having to have all your friends leave by 11... a lot of the time it may have been 10ish and I was with a friend and we wanted to say watch a film or something, well either we couldn't or I had to go to their place. In the end I just found ways to cheat the system.

go on...
Onearmedbandit

Or they can pay 1.50 to stick around. Nightclub style :wink:
atoms4peace
is there internet connection in the rooms of HP?
i assumed there would be but it doesnt mention it anyway.

Yes. Ethernet connection. Free, fast, very easy...

Latest

Trending

Trending