The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't get Tyler Court A. However I don't care much as I just wanted an en-suite & self-catered room and I've got that in Parkwood (Kemsdale Court) so I'm happy.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I got Becket court which is about £1000 more expensive than i wanted to pay :frown:

They look like nice and everything but I wanted a Keynes college ensuite.
Reply 3
I think I pretty much what I wanted, Tyler Court C (although I did apply about 8 months ago so I can't really remember :s-smilie:)
But it's waaaaay more expensive then I remembered! :shock: With the deposit it's 5,100 smackeroonys that I don't have :frown:
Tyler Court is 5k?! I thought Parkwood was expensive (just over £4.5 overall)
Reply 5
jeez, and i was abit O.0 that my parkwood was 4.5k(damn the 200quid!!!)...never would have thought b&c would be 5k
Reply 6
^^ exactamundo :rolleyes:
Reply 7
ying28
I didn't :frown:
I got Nickel court in parkwood instead...i chose Tyler C..
I wonder why i didn't get my choice...i decided my accomodation quite early too!! like feb time!

*sighs*

I applied in December - and Tyler Courts B and C are the most popular accommodation at Kent. Would've been gone within the first month. *hugs*
Reply 8
katkit
I applied in December - and Tyler Courts B and C are the most popular accommodation at Kent. Would've been gone within the first month. *hugs*

typing error *edits* i meant tyler A, i cant afford b&c
Reply 9
Applying for Tyler B/C and getting Parkwood is not a tragedy, believe me.

I'm sure there will be much worse cases out there... hopefully I'm not one of them :frown:
ChicaBonita
I think I pretty much what I wanted, Tyler Court C (although I did apply about 8 months ago so I can't really remember :s-smilie:)
But it's waaaaay more expensive then I remembered! :shock: With the deposit it's 5,100 smackeroonys that I don't have :frown:

I should correct myself here, it's 4,900 WITH the two hundred deposit :rolleyes:

Still bad! :shock:
I thought I wanted Tyler Court B/C... Now I'm glad I got Parkwood. :o:
When you go through clearing, you can't choose accomodation can you? You just get what you're given, right? Cause I want Parkwood...badly.
Reply 13
I didn't get it. I wanted Tyler Court B/C or an En-suite in Parkwood, but I got Darwin College... which I'm not too sad about as it's a lot cheaper now and at least I have a sink in my room.
Anyway, I've been given room M1-5 - does anyone know what floor that is? Please say it's not the bottom floor:frown:.
Affinity
I didn't get it. I wanted Tyler Court B/C or an En-suite in Parkwood, but I got Darwin College... which I'm not too sad about as it's a lot cheaper now and at least I have a sink in my room.
Anyway, I've been given room M1-5 - does anyone know what floor that is? Please say it's not the bottom floor:frown:.

I'm in M2-3 Darwin College.
The first number is the floor it's on, so yours is on the 1st floor...
Reply 15
Kim08
I'm in M2-3 Darwin College.
The first number is the floor it's on, so yours is on the 1st floor...

Thank you.

:frown: :frown: I specifically asked them to put me anywhere but the bottom floor.
Affinity
Thank you.

:frown: :frown: I specifically asked them to put me anywhere but the bottom floor.

:console: Maybe you can ask to swap?
Reply 17
I didn't get the accomodation I wanted either- I asked for Darwin because I wanted to be on the main campus. But Parkwood doesn't seem so bad, I could use the exercise from having to walk to and from there anyway.
Reply 18
Kim08
:console: Maybe you can ask to swap?

Yeah I think I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they can do. It's worth a shot.
Affinity
Yeah I think I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they can do. It's worth a shot.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending