The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
i think its about 36,000 students since the merger between the three unis.

As fot attention it depends what school you're in. My department theres only 30 people a year so theres alot of 1:1 attention. but i know some schools have about 300 a year
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Go to:
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/facts/statistics/studentsandstaff/

I haven't been in Uom yet but I don't think that's right. Yes, it's a huge uni, but I think it rather depends on the different departments on how an individuals are treated...

There is the tutor-system anyway and you have the possibility to join societies of your hall but also of the uni, so I don't think that you have to worry about that.
Reply 3
I can only talk about my department, but there individual attention is built into the system - students have a personal tutor and in the first year there's a requirement to meet them on a few occassions. As you progress through your degree you spend time in smaller groups as the work becomed more intense, until in your third year you're having regular meetings with people like dissertation supervisors. I'm currently a masters student and have had several meetings with my superviser during the summer holidays. Whilst not all of this might happen in every department, I think there's a lot of it in most.
Reply 4
Ellsbells3032
i think its about 36,000 students since the merger between the three unis.

As fot attention it depends what school you're in. My department theres only 30 people a year so theres alot of 1:1 attention. but i know some schools have about 300 a year

What do you study? I'm coming for BEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Reply 5
there's about 9,000 undergrads, I think. (I meant first years, I think)

but it depends on the size of your course as to how much individual attention you'll get. my course only has 70 people in the year, and that's broken down in smaller tutorials again.
Reply 6
Undergraduate - 25,656
Postgraduate taught - 5,635
Postgraduate research - 3,437
Graduate employers - 13,500 companies
Alumni - 212,000 in 200 countries
Continuing education attendees - 60,000 per annum
Reply 7
Only 12 people on my course!
Reply 8
Wow, thats cool. What are you studying?

Does anyone know how many people attend management 1st year in Sept.?
studying anthropology
Reply 10
Yes there are a lot of students..........but there are loads of staff too. In fact Manchester has a very good staff/student ratio compared to many other comparable uni's.

Certainly in my department it's very easy to contact staff, and everyone has personal and course tutors.

Latest

Trending

Trending