The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Those who chose Parkwood and got Parkwood..

Firstly congratulations :smile: for getting your choice...secondly

I chose Tyler A, but I didn't get it, instead i got Parkwood (somewhere).
I am thinking of calling accommodation line first thing tomorrow morning and asking them to give me tyler A.

I was wondering...Why you chose Parkwood? over other places. Afterall Parkwood is maybe as good as 'no mans land' as it's quite far from where the main campus is, as such you are away from the latest events etc etc

Any feedback is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
i chose it cause its separate from the main campus, but its only like a 10 minute walk so its not like you need a passport to go see anyone down there or go out...but, if you need to do some work or just wanna sleep, hopefully it'll be quieter at night than other places

also, i just thought they were the best rooms, i didnt go to tyler A, or B/C, but apparently the room layout is basically the same anyway
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
been told its got the good new rooms(on suite) its only a 10minute walk ^^ :smile: got its own pub, own flat screen tv room, vending machines etc
Reply 3
double post =/
Reply 4
apparently there are some awesome parties; its like its own community.
Reply 5
i'm sure any location with over a thousand students (ready to party) is a good location :smile:
Having lived in Parkwood last year...and at the furthest point you could get in Parkwood, the whole 'secluded from the rest of campus...to far to walk to main campus etc etc' is stupid (no offence to OP). It will take you between 10 and 15 minutes to walk from Parkwood to the Library, depending on whether your a hare or a tortoise.

There are few positives and few negatives about living in Parkwood, Tyler Courts or any of the colleges, it is YOU and your FRIENDS who make the atmosphere.

If your going to moan about having to walk from Parkwood to Campus then in the politest way possible...your going to be ****ed in your second and third year when you live off campus.

You are not away from the latest events either, you will always know whats going on from word of mouth etc.

Just remember what I said, it is YOU and YOUR FRIENDS who make University how you want it, not the accommdation or amount of nightclubs/pubs in the area.
Reply 7
TrippleJDandCokePlease
Having lived in Parkwood last year....

was it ensuite? if so do you have any photos of your old room?
Nah, mine wasn't en suite, mine was superior. My mate lived in Nickle Court though which was en suite and they were nice and modern, no complaints about them...other than the cleaner coming in every week to clean the bathroom out when he was in bed.
Reply 9
TrippleJDandCokePlease
Nah, mine wasn't en suite, mine was superior. My mate lived in Nickle Court though which was en suite and they were nice and modern, no complaints about them...other than the cleaner coming in every week to clean the bathroom out when he was in bed.

:eek: the cleaners cleans ensuite bathroom?? i didnt know that!!!
Reply 10
was his room spacious-ish?
Reply 11
TrippleJDandCokePlease

Noo like my sleep, I dont mind cleaning it myself!
Mumble90
Noo like my sleep, I dont mind cleaning it myself!

Yeah, I'm cleaning my own shower too. For £120 a week, you should be allowed to choose whether you clean your own shower or not.
The room was fairly spacious yeah.

You can clean your own bathroom if you like, but for health reasons the cleaners will still come in and clean your bathroom whether you like it or not sadly.
Is there a certain time that they come in to clean? I don't really want them coming in straight after I've had a number two.
They come in anytime between 9 and 5, there is never really a set time which they come as they also do other houses in Parkwood. Sometimes my cleaner would come every wednesday, but then all of a sudden changed to Monday, then to Thursday. Sometimes it would be after my 9 o clock, sometimes it would be whilst I was in bed at 1pm.
Saruken
Is there a certain time that they come in to clean? I don't really want them coming in straight after I've had a number two.

Oh how charming you are :p:
ChicaBonita
Oh how charming you are :p:

Well I'd like to think so. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending