The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

burninginme
"Sorry, I've just got to book you in before we can have passionate, rampant sex".

Whenever I see your username I do a double take.
Reply 21
Aconite
It's wot's inside wot counts, right?

(I'm hot, too.)

naturally :wink:

picture or it isn't true..!

Aconite...

:yep:
Reply 22
OiaB
naturally :wink:

picture or it isn't true..!

Aconite...

:yep:

Of course. I'm ginger, actually.
Reply 23
Aconite
Of course. I'm ginger, actually.

well... anything else you'd care to enlighten us with? :eek:
Reply 24
"It’s your home so you can have guests staying over. We do not allow sub-letting (where you rent your room out to another person) but are not going to stop you from having a friend over from time to time."

How often is "time to time"???
My terms say no more than two consecutive nights in any seven night period... I am interpreting this as it being ok to have friends over for the weekend.
Reply 26
RightSaidJames
To quote my residences Terms & Conditions:

Speaking generally... how well is this kind of thing enforced? Obviously you're not going to have room checks or anything stupid, but does anyone ever pay any attention to stuff like this?

When my mum was at uni someone in her halls had his girlfriend move in with him. A security guard watched them quietly for the whole year then at the end of the year presented her with a bill for the entire year's rent and all the meals she'd eaten in halls.
charb
When my mum was at uni someone in her halls had his girlfriend move in with him. A security guard watched them quietly for the whole year then at the end of the year presented her with a bill for the entire year's rent and all the meals she'd eaten in halls.

Heh, well that's a bit extreme, and I'll be lucky on the second count as I'm self catered.
Reply 28
The only reason for the guest book is so the wardens know there is someone else to check for in the off chance there is a fire, but no-one pays any attention to it
Reply 29
If you're going to any of the colleges in the University of London, Hughes Parry hall is reeeeeally strict with guests. They are only allowed to stay til 11pm, after that they knock on your door and ask your guest to leave and they fine you. Also you have to pay if you want overnight guests. I am soooo happy I've never had to stay there :biggrin:
Reply 30
^^that's ridiculous! you pay to LIVE there!!!

I'm wondering if I can invite people over for my 21st drinks before going out... I guess so but my block has the main reception....
lazza

I'm wondering if I can invite people over for my 21st drinks before going out... I guess so but my block has the main reception....

It'll be fine to have people round in the evening wherever you go, really, no university would be so idiotic as to restrict people's social lives in that way.
Reply 32
thank god. i was just worried because the door to the lift which you need a key to get through is right in front of reception!
Reply 33
The only time i would be having people back is if i pulled and i cant see that being an issue, if it is then thats sucks, but the obly solution is if your living in mixed halls just pull someone who lives next to you SORTED :P
Reply 34
lazza

I know, its crazy. My dad doesnt even ask my friends to leave when I'm at home. I remember being there visiting a friend a few times and we were watching a film when security knocked and said I had to go home as it was 11pm :frown:
Reply 35
yeah, generally I wouldn't suggest getting with your flatmate...
Reply 36
Agreed, it can be awkward and tends to piss off other flatmates
Reply 37
and they might go a bit skitz if they see another person there in the flat with you first thing in the morning...

Latest

Trending

Trending