The Student Room Group

Anyone done paid charity campaigning work?

Im considering applying to work as a travelling campaigner for Dialogue Direct, the agency that is employed by charities such as Plan, Greenpeace, Shelter etc... has anyone else done this?

From a charity point of view I know it is not the most effective way to raise money for charities and I know i would have to work for charities whose policies I dont agree with entirely.. but id still rather earn some money for charity than earn money for a retail business as I do now. Plus the weekly salary is the same as what I currently get per month..

Im just trying to earn enough money so that I can spend 6 months or a year travelling the UK and working on non-registered campaigns and activism.. and currently im not earning enough to save.

So, has anyone had any experience with work like this?
AFAIK its paid on a commission basis....and there's always the fact that the mjority of people HATE charity collectors who accost them in the street. :s:
xXMessedUpXx
AFAIK its paid on a commission basis....and there's always the fact that the majority of people HATE charity collectors who accost them in the street. :s:

the website says this:

Am I paid on commission?
All the donations you sign up go directly to the charity; we do not pay on a commission basis.

It looks like there is a basic wage which can improve if your performance is good. Im not too bothered about the majority of people tbh, I just want a job in which my time and skills earn money for something decent.
SoundDevastation
the website says this:

It looks like there is a basic wage which can improve if your performance is good. Im not too bothered about the majority of people tbh, I just want a job in which my time and skills earn money for something decent.

Ah fair enough. I had an interview for a company that did work for charities though that was door-to-door and was based on commission, got mixed up, sorry!

Latest

Trending

Trending