The Student Room Group

Interview

My UCAS still is on hold (problems with UCAS site in Worcs I think but I believe my school has to send it off this week if they can) however I sent an e-mail to the Spanish head of Bangor as I felt my grades wouldn't show my Spanish skill, she sent back saying that she was willing to give me an interview when the form is processed to prove that skill (I only do GCSE Spanish but want to prove I have a higher knowledge than that) so I believe I have to do the interview in Spanish, I'm going into a 3 week 5-hour cramming session because I'm reaaaaally nervous about it and it would help if someone who has done language interviews before could tell me what sort of questions they will ask? I have a really good knowledge of Spanish but things like qualifications, grades and talking about exams I just didn't really learn :P
If someone actually did the interview in Spanish and could tell me about it that would be even better.
Reply 1
i do french and spanish at manchester, didnt have to speak spanish in my interview cause i did it from beginner's level when i started uni, but i did have to speak french. i was bricking it cause i had taken a year out and felt like i had forgotten all of my french and my a level oral mark was awful compared to the other modules. but really, once i got to the interview it was fine, i know i made mistakes but it was fine and the whole thing felt like it was over in three minutes. they basically asked me what i liked most about french and my a levels, and i spoke about how much i loved my literature module (a complete lie) and learning about french society, and they asked if id ever been to france. i think that was it for the french bit, then in english they asked me why i wanted to go to manchester, what i wanted out of the degree, what i was looking forward to most and a bit about what i was doing with myself in my gap year. dont worry about it too much, they wont ask you to explain the ins and outs of anything ridiculously complicated, they probably wont ask you about exams, just a bit about why you like the language and want to study it further, and they wont be looking for you to be perfectly fluent, just show that you have the potential to be a linguist and a genuine enthusiasm for spanish. dont worry too much about it!

Latest

Trending

Trending