The Student Room Group

A-level English Language Coursework- HELP!

Hey,

I am starting my A-level English Language Coursework when I go back to school. I am looking at Basil Bernstein’s theory of language and social class. I have arranged to visit two primary schools to work with a group of year 3 children at each. I have decided to use a well known children’s story and ask them to retell the story; the data will form the body of my investigation.

I want to get an A in this coursework and would be grateful if you could suggest frameworks I could look at which will make me stand out from the rest?

Thanks,

Sean
Reply 1
What did your English teacher give you as the background material for this module?

Anyway, here's my penny's worth:

Whatever board you're doing this with, try going to their web site and see if there are any teacher's notes or exemplary papers and even read up the past examiner's reports. This will give you a huge insight into what they are looking for and how to spec it out. Don't forget a bibliography and if you do look at the examiner's exam reports, see what they say about the over-researched area of children' language.