Cost of freshers week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
neverstandstill
It was an attempt. At sarcasm that is. :p:

Failure :p:
Reply 21
Lauzie89
im goin to bournemouth aswell which is south so will probably cost more!
Just annoyin i dont get paid till the 29h and dont get my loan till the 29th and I move down a week after gettin back from ibiza!
Soo i shall be very skint for the first week!

I live in Bournemouth atm, I'm moving away from it lol, although you can have a cheap night out, they do student nights etc at Bliss, Toko and Crank. But last time i went out i got charged £5.70 for a vodka and lemonade in Toko, was not amused lol but far too drunk to care!
FireDeuce
What will you spend over £40 a day on?

Booze?
Reply 23
FireDeuce
What will you spend over £40 a day on?

I'm not sure yet, going out etc and theres stuff I'll probably have to pay for upfront like internet etc
In 2 weeks i somehow spent around £400 :eek:

That said i am terrible with money so really not the best person to ask!
I really dont get why students can spend soooo much money in theyre first few weeks when it will cripple you later on...
Reply 26
Smoobla
I'd take £500, just in case. I'm not basing this on experience, I just think it's best to take twice as much as you think you'll need. Just in case... I have a freshers fortnight, I'll need to take thousands!

I would suggest that this is a more sensible amount of money. I mean, come on guys, I spent more than £200 just on the internet connection. £150 will barely cover your Freshers Ball.
Roobagnall
I really dont get why students can spend soooo much money in theyre first few weeks when it will cripple you later on...

ah i guess its the novelty of having so much money for the first time in life...gets to your head a bit :o:

i needed a job 3 months in cos of my silly spending :rolleyes:
Reply 28
RightSaidJames
Booze?

Honesty....haha

Seriously

1)Lidls, Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bottle of Vodka
2)Lots of little shot bottles a la the ones you get on trains or little sealed pots like those used for acrylic paint (washed obviously)
3)Jackets with zipped/inside pockets knee high boots with Knee high socks.

................can be repeated with Absinthe, Tequila, Whisky or pretty much any high proof alcohol.

Also kids don't be buying loads of alcopops for house parties during freshers week....make Merryade!

Again....cheap bottle of Voka from Lidls...about 6/8 bottles of Cheap pop (limeade, cherryade etc. etc.) Drink about 200ml from each bottle of pop, top up with vodka, mix carefully.....homemade alcopops (and if made with sugar free soda...a lot less Kcal than even half kcal bacardi!).

...and who said I didn't know anything useful....:rolleyes:
Reply 29
We all seem to be forgetting out overdrafts.. :yep:
I'm hoping to keep it under about 250 including everything- if I need books, any admin, any extra thing I didn't realise I need. I'm not a huge drinker anyway, and I don't want to make a huge dent in my money on the first week, it will make me feel bad for the rest of the time.
I don't mind going slightly over, but I won't have food to buy for the first week becaue my mum' gonna send me with a load of stuff, and I'm sorting a sensible budget out for myself for the rest of the year.

Ramble over.
I just don't wanna spend a lot of money (none if that is possible) :no:
Reply 31
I had £80 in cash in my purse at the start of freshers week this year and surprisingly that lasted the whole week and i still had some money left over.. but this was in Sheffield and the drinks are cheap.

I will need more this year though as Birmingham is more expensive than Sheffield :frown:
Reply 32
im at sheffield and have allowed about £300 for freshers. (not including internet etc). however im a third year so i want to do this one properly as it is my last one (unless i fail the year :p:) and also two of my flatmates very inconveniently happen to have bdays in freshers :p:

but i would allow £200 to £300 - if you have some left over then great (remember you DONT have to spend it all) but you dont want to be short on money either. especially when you are in a strange town etc. my first freshers i only had £100 quid and had to anxiously await the arrival of my student loan! :smile:
DeepStar
Failure :p:

I'll be quiet then. :frown: (after this post, maybe.:p: )
Reply 34
xXMessedUpXx
In 2 weeks i somehow spent around £400 :eek:

That said i am terrible with money so really not the best person to ask!

400 quid....ouch. Someone needs to go on a budgeting course :P
...Some of these figures are quite scary. My freshers lasts 2 weeks, and as much as I want to enjoy it, I have to like.....eat afterwards lol.
Reply 36
we had two weeks: £1000

..clothes, eating out, going out 5+ times a week.
Reply 37
Well, it depends what you do. I don't really like drinking/clubbing, so it hardly cost me anything, but I still had a good time.

:smile:
Reply 38
whats all this talk of internet? i thought it was included in your accommodation fee? i'm a bit scared now that you guys are all quoting hundreds of pounds, i go on holiday just before freshers so i'll be flat broke!:eek:
xx
Reply 39
Damn I can spend over £50 quid on boze in a night i'm going to lose so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending