The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

TSR Environment Awareness Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
So its already been used? and it works??
Commander V
So its already been used? and it works??

Yep, but it isn't as powerful as petrol, or else everyone would use it.
Reply 82
doh!
its not as powerful? does that mean its not as efficient a fuel?
Reply 84
but still something that doenst use oil is great, what about that motorbike that uses a hydrogen fuel cell, but its so quiet they have to add an artificial sound. It was one of the texts for english. What was wierd thoyug hwas that they cared more about the sound than it not actually using any petrol.
Reply 85
adding sound? I suppose it's usefull cos you can hear it coming, but seriously?????
Reply 86
Emaloy
Reply 87
er... hi! how d'you get neg repped already?
Oooh can I join? I'm a hairy hippy...
Reply 89
it would be interesting if some alien race just decided to teleport away all the oil and stuff to teach humans a lesson. There would be no option but to look for alternatives.
Reply 90
Hiya! :biggrin: May i join this society (although im not sure exactly how to join (im new) - I am passionate about the environment like all of you guys :smile:
Reply 91
you want to ask danni_bella83
Yep, but it isn't as powerful as petrol, or else everyone would use it.

buts its being used widespread in places that are low in oil like in brazil and even if it is not as efficient as oil it would help ease the burdon on the demand for oil which will reach crisis point,

i think someone posted that theres not enough hydrogen in the world to power cars
Reply 93
sugar cane all the way! I wrote an essay on it ages ago and the only bad thing I could find about it is that unless you have a mix then the alcohol corrodes the engine if you don't get a specialized one. Also it takes loads of space to grow the sugar....
why sugar cane though? Why will only that work? Is there nothing found commonly in this country that will work (sunflower oil powered cars?!?)
Reply 95
On top gear when they put veg oil instead of diesal it worked just as well, but the mix has to be right otherwise it goes nowhere
Commander V
On top gear when they put veg oil instead of diesal it worked just as well, but the mix has to be right otherwise it goes nowhere

I wonder why they don't use it then? they could sell it ready mixed!
Reply 97
AndrewsJoseph
I wonder why they don't use it then? they could sell it ready mixed!

Exactly but I have no idea, maybe theres a hidden agenda here?
Commander V
Exactly but I have no idea, maybe theres a hidden agenda here?

All these possibilities... These fuels could potentially lower fuel costs everywhere!
Reply 99
But many economies are based on oil and supplying it to their rich friends. So people would lose money.

Latest

Trending

Trending