The Student Room Group

STIs and Smear tests - information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My friend got chlamydia off his dirty, dirty girlfriend.
Now he uses the fact that he got it as some form of chat-up line when he's drunk.
Totally irrelevant, I just wanted to share that with you because if you DO get it, you should NEVER do that.
Epic Win
My friend got chlamydia off his dirty, dirty girlfriend.
Now he uses the fact that he got it as some form of chat-up line when he's drunk.
Totally irrelevant, I just wanted to share that with you because if you DO get it, you should NEVER do that.

haha...You may want to inform him that it's a pretty poor chat up line.

OP. As they havn't called you then you don't have it. But if you're THAT worried, then do another?
Reply 42
Apricot_Bea
haha...You may want to inform him that it's a pretty poor chat up line.

I have, many times.
but he never recalls ever saying it lol
Anonymous
I went to get checked a few months ago, and I got given a swab to "do it myself" as they say. I gave them my number and they said they would call me if anything came up. They never called but for some reason I'm scared I didn't swab enough or maybe I didn't get enough on the stick? If that had been the case, would they have called me up? Or maybe they don't need a lot to check...very paranoid!

Anonymous, go get checked out at the GUM. :smile: The 'do it yourself' kits are not as reliable as you would hope. Chlamydia is so common, one of my house mates used this test and it gave her a false result. Turns out she had Chlamydia and didn't find out for a couple of years because of this false result, she had to tell all her partners that she had been with in that time... I can imagine that was not a great experience but was the good thing to do.
Yea - go to a gum and get it done properly. It's not the only thihng you might have!
Okay so i had a Chlamydia test and was told it would take about 3 weeks to come back. Now i'm kinda nervous because i've been a bit well erm free recently and been stupid enough to have regular unprotected sex with different people.

Has anyone been in the same situation, well i'm sure many people have, but what did you do to not be so worried about it?
Reply 46
I went to church every sunday
theres nothing you can do to change the result now

just go out and buy a few seasons of a tv program you like on dvd, and just watch them when u start to worry, will take ur mind off it
Reply 48
Well whats the worse that could happen? If you have chlamydia you should get it cleared up with no future problems.

In future just remember unprotected sex is not worth the consequences. Have you been tested for other STI's?
Reply 49
Yeah don't worry about it. Antibiotics will sort you out. I had an STI test once, but they didnt get back to me so i'm all clear yay :smile:
Find something to do so you're not so worried.
I've never been tested, but my sister has.
MSB
They said would call you if anything came up. They haven't called you. Therefore, nothing has come up.

He said it.
why did you only get tested for chlamydia?
I didn't just get tested for Chlamydia but that is the most likely one that i'd have if any.
Anonymous
I went to get checked a few months ago, and I got given a swab to "do it myself" as they say. I gave them my number and they said they would call me if anything came up. They never called but for some reason I'm scared I didn't swab enough or maybe I didn't get enough on the stick? If that had been the case, would they have called me up? Or maybe they don't need a lot to check...very paranoid!

That happened to me. I rang up the clinic and they told me they'd "temporarily misplaced" my swab! They found it and gave me the all clear in less than a week after contacting them.
Uggh guys - little help?

Ok so I went to see my GP lately and wanted a full STD checkup (just for peace of mind) and apparently a GP is not really the person to go to for this. But what he did was ask me some questions about say, whether I have symptoms, which I don't.

Then he said he could take a urine sample and at least check for two of them - the good thing being that they're the two that don't have a symptom. So if you don't have either of these, and also don't notice any problems its pretty damn likely you have nothing.

Anyway I just called and asked about my results and she was like "yeah we have the results, you tested negative for everything we looked for." I just said thanks and hung up. But now I realise I don't actually remember which two things they looked for. So basically what two STD's are the ones that can be tested via urine sample? :smile:
Chlamydia's one, dunno about the other. Gonnorhea maybe?
I think I would have guessed that one anyway, thanks though.

Anybody know the second one for sure? Just nice to know what ya definitely don't have! :woo:
Reply 58
tis_me_lord
I think I would have guessed that one anyway, thanks though.

Anybody know the second one for sure? Just nice to know what ya definitely don't have! :woo:

It will be Gonorrhoea I am 99% sure. It is deffinately tested for with a urine test and is probably the second most common.
randdom
It will be Gonorrhoea I am 99% sure. It is deffinately tested for with a urine test and is probably the second most common.

Okies thanks. Always good to not have, ey! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest