The Student Room Group

onexamination and choosing 4 A levels

hey i have two questions:

has anybody used the onexamination website for the UKCAT section where you can can subscribe for a certain time period and gain access to practice questions and you can compare yourself to other users and get feedback etc

website: http://www.onexamination.com/Exam-Revision/UKCAT.aspx

also i'm not too sure whether or not that i should drop a subject or not. my questions is that is if you take 4 Alevels are the offers that you recieve the same as they would be for 3 A levels e.g. AAB and then is the last Alevel expected to be a certain grade like an A or a B??

thanks
Reply 1
Yeah, instead of them offering you AAB with 3 A2s, they can offer you AABB with 4 A2s, so you must get a B in that 4th subject, so even if you get AAB in your original 3 subjects and get a C in the 4th, you've missed the offer and so you'll get rejected. At least I think this is correct - it's how I've always undrestood it to be. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is why I'm not doing Psychology to A2 with Maths, Biology and Chemistry.

I've never used the website - I'll check it out.
Reply 2
ok thanks. i imagined thats how it would work. i think i will go to 3A levels to make things safer even though i think i would be able to do 4 very well.

how about onexamination anybody? the website seems very good but i'm not sure whether to go for a book or the website...i may end up going for both but then i'm not sure which is the best book? any help there? thanks!
Reply 3
I've got the official UKCAT one - I bought it off eBay. I just like the feel of a book rather than look a a computer screen. Really, if you learn better using the website then go for that, if not go for the book. Also, lots of other people on here use the book and have found it helpful and not alot have used the site I don't think so maybe I'd go for the book just because more people have used it than the website. However, the website might be excellent, I don't know. Just go for the one you're most comfortable with.

If you do go for the website, post a question or two up on here (if it's allowed) and then possibly TSR can see if they are up to the standard of the UKCAT to make sure it's giving you good practice.

Also, try medicmix.com

Latest

Trending

Trending