Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stabbing pain before period

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

This month 2 days before my period started, I got a terrible stabbing pain in my right side just above my hip bone. It was so bad I couldn't get up for 10 minutes and today that area still hurts like an aching pain. Is this normal or should I go to the doctor?

Just to add in May I had my first period for 3 years but since May I haven't had that pain but before May 2008 I didn't have periods for a long time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I doesn't sound like it is normal so if you're worried I'd go to the doctors just to be on the safe side. I hope its nothing serious .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It could be numerous things, but since it's before your period, it's probably most likely a GYN issue. Endometriosis, ruptured cysts, PCOS, fibroid tumors, hormonal imbalances the list goes on! It's probably nothing, (it could even just be really bad cramps!) but it's best to take a trip to your doctors to get checked out. ^_^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it doesn't sound too serious...but it's best to get it checked!
    Cuz I've had tonnes of probs with mine, they were never regular, sometimes every 2 months, really weird! and once I got them for a month straight (Due to excessive amounts of stress), and I lost so much blood that I passed out! So I doubt it's anything like that...I was diagnosed with PCOS, and they put me on the pill and its all good now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go get it checked. It's much better to go to the doctor's and be told it's nothing than to sit around stewing over it. You'll feel better once you know for sure!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelschmerz
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive had serious stabbing pains on my right hand side before. Although, it was nothing to do with my periods. The doc thought it was to do with my kidneys or something like that and so they sent me to have an ultrasound. I know though, that if you are stressed, then you can get really really bad stabbing pains. Might sound weird but I remember the doc saying that. If it happens again, then perhaps see a doc

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2008
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.