The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm 5'4" and can be between a size 6 and eight, but i'm not really that thin however these are my measurements:
bust: 33"
ribs: 27"
waist: 23"
hips: 32"
thighs: 19"
i was really surprised to read that everyone has around the same thigh measurements, when i thought mine were really chunky(':
Reply 61
I'm 5'4'' (and a half!), and my thighs are 20.5'', my hips 35.5'' and my waist 25.5'' but I look bigger than I am for some reason! :frown: I think a size 9 jean would be perfect if it existed!
Reply 62
Original post by fran.ha
What I'd do for 36" hips :moon:

What I'd do for slightly bigger hips and more of an arse! The grass is always greener..
Reply 63
Original post by Lady Venom
I'm a size 8, 172cm and I'm:

27" ribs
33" chest
25" waist
33" hips
21" thighs
14" calves

I'm athletic and mostly muscle.

We are pretty much the same measurements...but I'm a fair bit shorter than you I think....plus I'm less muscle and more fat, doh.
Reply 64
Chocolate_mousse and Harvesterof Hearts. You are both my sisters!!!!! Damn these thighs. I exercise a lot but still can't get rid of the thighs. I put my measurements into google and all i got was bodybuilder forums..hahaMy measurements 165 cm heightHip 35"waist 27.5” chest 32"Thigh 24"Absoute nightmare buying trousers/jeans that are fashionable and flattering. What have you tried? What brands? What are your thoughts on skinny jeans?
Reply 65
Original post by chocolate_mousse
Sista I totally feel where you're coming from. I have a really big arse compared to rest of my body. SO fun to know that hasn't skipped a generation, but small boobs. 32B :frown: I'm normally a size 10 but don't you find it hard to find jeans that fit around the thighs and the waist, or is that just me?
Last month, had to buy size 14 jeans they're the biggest i've ever had to get, so it was depressing. It may have just been the brand though.

I'm 5'8" 29" ribs, 28" waist 32" hips and 23" thighs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zpmN3-rfIM&feature=related

Chocolate_mousse and Harvesterof Hearts. You are both my sisters!!!!! Damn these thighs. I exercise a lot but still can't get rid of the thighs. I put my measurements into google and all i got was bodybuilder forums..hahaMy measurements 165 cm heightHip 35"waist 27.5”ribs 30"Thigh 24"Absoute nightmare buying trousers/jeans that are fashionable and flattering. What have you tried? What brands? What are your thoughts on skinny jeans?
I'm size 8 and 162cm tall. My thighs are 51cm at its widest point and 37cm at smallest point.
Waist is 63 cm and hips are 90cm.
(edited 8 years ago)
My measurements:

19.7" thighs
31" chest
24" waist
37" hips
16" shoulder to shoulder
12.5" calves

Height: 5"2 (157cm)
Top size: 6-8
Bottom: all over the place, usually 10-ish, but I always have the problem of the trousers not fitting over the back side so I usually opt for high-waisted jeans now which have to be a size 6-8ish so that it fits securly over my waist but is a pain to my derriere ffs :lol: Praying for the day I find the perfect trousers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 68
Im 15 size 6-8, 5'8. have really big thighs compared to my waist, hate it. Waist size 24 inches and thighs are 21 inches.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha ha, we're literally the same! I'm an athlete too 😀
Original post by Lady Venom
I'm a size 8, 172cm and I'm:

27" ribs
33" chest
25" waist
33" hips
21" thighs
14" calves

I'm athletic and mostly muscle.
Reply 70
you guys are all so small compared to me aha don't even worry about your thighs!!
I am 5.4 and 15
ribs 30
chest 33
shoulder to shoulder 16
waist 28
hips 30
thighs 20
calves13
Personally I am 5’8” and my thighs are 20’ in circumference but I also have bigger hips.
I've never really thought about the size of my thighs, or my waist, but looking at the measurements here is insane. A 24 inch waist?! That's unthinkable for me. I'm a size 8-10 with 22 inch thighs and a 28 inch waist. I work out but its mostly yoga. Please don't feel bad about your thighs! As long as you're healthy that's all that matters x
Reply 74
Original post by Aquamarine.
I've always felt that my thighs are slightly bigger and more lumpy bumpy (lol) than average. Which seems odd as I'm quite a petite girl, I'm 5'2 and a size 8-10 but I was just wondering if maybe I'm just being really paranoid and think my thighs are much bigger than they actually are.

So, as it says in the title, is there an average thigh measurement for my size? Or does it just vary from person to person depending on their natural body shape? I don't know whether I need to lose weight to get my thighs looking better or if simple exercise will tone them up and get them into a nice shape?

Thanks!

mine are 22 1/2 inches and im size 10 and 5'7. im losing weight in my thighs tho cus im starting workouts, but im not fat
I'm about a size 8 on average (different parts of me are different sizes) and have 22 inch thighs, 35 inch hips and a 22 inch waist. How one of my thighs is the same as my waist I do not know
Reply 76
i now feel bad bout myslef i guess after reading all this i’m 5”7 and a size 12 waist- 31”hips-37”thigh-20”calf-16”chest-34”wrist-6 1/2”bum-42”idk i thought i was always a bit bigger than usual but now i’m thinking i’m far too big.. :frown: anyone know how to build muscle on upper arms, calves and thighs ?!
Original post by calliej
i now feel bad bout myslef i guess after reading all this i’m 5”7 and a size 12 waist- 31”hips-37”thigh-20”calf-16”chest-34”wrist-6 1/2”bum-42”idk i thought i was always a bit bigger than usual but now i’m thinking i’m far too big.. :frown: anyone know how to build muscle on upper arms, calves and thighs ?!

this is an 8 year old thread i doubt you'll get many responses.

Latest