Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post your best photograph

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the most disheartening thread I've ever seen. Apart from the other one which I've already commented on!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnyRoquentin)
    I think this is the most disheartening thread I've ever seen. Apart from the other one which I've already commented on!
    I need your glasses. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both taken from camera phones lol

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Oh.. Why..?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    London
    Couldn't figure out how to put them here
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	London (31).JPG 
Views:	799 
Size:	324.8 KB 
ID:	57213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	London (72).JPG 
Views:	686 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	57214  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not my best, but I really like these two. First is my baby niece (about 6 months old there), second is © www.planetangel.net

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Oh.. Why..?
    Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
    My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
    Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob801)
    How about a nice bit of smoke photography:
    That's beautiful
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I'm soooo impressed by the pics on this thread...
    Here are some of my own... but now that I've seen all yours... mine don't seem too great...
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	star.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	57215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royal changing of the guards Stokholm, Sweden.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	57216  
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My favourite at the moment. Taken with a Pentax ME Super with a 50mm f/1.7 lens on Velvia 400 film.

• 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here are two which TSR lets me upload :p:
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 209.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	57218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 174.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	271.5 KB 
ID:	57219  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh..
    I think that's a little bit harsh.. I mean, personally, I try to take photos that are a bit different or at least somewhat (in my mind) interesting. I didn't post a single sunset or flower, as I know it takes alot to make something like that actually stand out. I'm very new to photography, so my skills are probably not up to your standard, but you could at least give the new people here a chance...

Wow, I actually feel quite shot down...

Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
    My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
    Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh..
    I think that's a little bit harsh.. I mean, personally, I try to take photos that are a bit different or at least somewhat (in my mind) interesting. I didn't post a single sunset or flower, as I know it takes alot to make something like that actually stand out. I'm very new to photography, so my skills are probably not up to your standard, but you could at least give the new people here a chance...

Wow, I actually feel quite shot down...

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I cannot manage to upload any of my pictures, they're all too heavy or if i try uploading them from my flickr page it says "invalid type"
    any suggestion?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with just taking photographs which are beautiful?
    It might not seem so sophisticated or noble as taking photographs which are abstract or edgy but they're bloomin' well just as enjoyable to look at, even more so in fact.
    I like this thread and ALL the photos in it. More please
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I kind of designed this thread for beautiful photographs to look at
    I don't really care if you dont find them inspiring or whatever
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It must be wonderful to have such an astounding level of 'creativity, thought and intelligence' at your fingertips, but please excuse the lowly proles in their attempts to impress you.

Get over yourself. This thread is evidently for amateur photographers, and, art-school pretentiousness aside, the majority seem to be enjoying eachothers pictures.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kestrel_Lover_Sophie)
    What's wrong with just taking photographs which are beautiful?
    It might not seem so sophisticated or noble as taking photographs which are abstract or edgy but they're bloomin' well just as enjoyable to look at, even more so in fact.
    I like this thread and ALL the photos in it. More please

Believe me, I'm not saying anything has to be abstract or edgy. Maybe you've missed my point My main problem is perhaps more with peoples definitions of a 'good photograph'. Naturally, this is going to differ from person to person. But photography is an art form, and art shouldn't exist just to look pretty.

It just seems such a shame that there are so many intelligent, interesting and profound concepts behind photography which can be explored by anyone (new to photography or not), and yet they are completely ignored by most, in favour of an image which just looks aesthetically pretty.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    for a picture taken on my 30 quid phone this aint to bad lol, just plucked it off facebook

ok it is bad
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW)
    It must be wonderful to have such an astounding level of 'creativity, thought and intelligence' at your fingertips, but please excuse the lowly proles in their attempts to impress you.

Get over yourself. This thread is evidently for amateur photographers, and, art-school pretentiousness aside, the majority seem to be enjoying eachothers pictures.
    Quite an apt sig for the post, I have to say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice thread and some great shots
    i have to go out now, but i'll post a photo later when i come back

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 13, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.