The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
imtired
i can only see one, and could you post more any more you have, or pm?

I have loads of good photoes from Japan (literally hundreds). What kind, nature, city scape, people
AnnyRoquentin
:wavey:

What you think of people's photographs is not what other people think. It is evident from your posts that you think these pictures are dull and unexciting and have been done before. If the pictures are so bad, just don't post. The fact that you seem to emanate this 'I know more than you, I'm right, you're wrong' attitude in your posts makes you seem incredibly arrogant, and like your word is the definitive word on what photography should be about.

Photography is entirely subjective. Your opinion is no more 'the right one' than mine. If you don't like these pictures, say you don't and leave it at that. Don't bash your point again and again trying to convince - it seems - the entire forum that you are correct. Calling this thread 'disheatening' because people think their best photographs are a type of photography you don't like is a frankly stupid attitude to take.

You said yourself "My main problem is perhaps more with peoples definitions of a 'good photograph'." What gives you the right to define what we can consider a good photograph?!

"The title of this thread is 'post your best photograph' - there is no way to define a best photograph if it's sole purpose is to preserve a moment for future reference" again, the title is YOUR best photograph. what YOU think is your best. Not what other people think is your best: if that were the case people would link to portfolios.

My point is this. You are no more qualified to tell us what should be a 'best photograph' than you are to become president of the united states, and as you have provided no evidence that you have any photography to show us, i shall simply consider your opinion, for that is all it is, null.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. if you don't agree, feel free to try and argue or even neg me if you wish.
Reply 82
Ewan
I have loads of good photoes from Japan (literally hundreds). What kind, nature, city scape, people

all of them :teeth:

lol hmm which ever you think are good from city and people.

btw soundsfamiliar, suicidalLemming, megastar and other people on previous pages your pics are also full of win.
Reply 83
OxyMoron.
Wow those are cool.

For the record, I like all the photos in this thread regardless of what their intrinsic artistic worth may be.

S Pauls
yeah Anatheme they're stunning!

I've been pretty lucky with my pics so far, and as I know my camera quite well now, I don't wanna change because I fear my pic to be ****ty if I change, lol.
Paul, your pic reminds me of Lost :biggrin:

I also have a Polaroid and I so love to take pics with it ! :woo: :
a selection of my favourites:

from South Africa

from France

olileauk
What you think of people's photographs is not what other people think. It is evident from your posts that you think these pictures are dull and unexciting and have been done before. If the pictures are so bad, just don't post. The fact that you seem to emanate this 'I know more than you, I'm right, you're wrong' attitude in your posts makes you seem incredibly arrogant, and like your word is the definitive word on what photography should be about.

Photography is entirely subjective. Your opinion is no more 'the right one' than mine. If you don't like these pictures, say you don't and leave it at that. Don't bash your point again and again trying to convince - it seems - the entire forum that you are correct. Calling this thread 'disheatening' because people think their best photographs are a type of photography you don't like is a frankly stupid attitude to take.

You said yourself "My main problem is perhaps more with peoples definitions of a 'good photograph'." What gives you the right to define what we can consider a good photograph?!

"The title of this thread is 'post your best photograph' - there is no way to define a best photograph if it's sole purpose is to preserve a moment for future reference" again, the title is YOUR best photograph. what YOU think is your best. Not what other people think is your best: if that were the case people would link to portfolios.

My point is this. You are no more qualified to tell us what should be a 'best photograph' than you are to become president of the united states, and as you have provided no evidence that you have any photography to show us, i shall simply consider your opinion, for that is all it is, null.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. if you don't agree, feel free to try and argue or even neg me if you wish.

Why would I neg you, what would I gain from that?
Take my opinion how you wish, I'm now so bored of this, it's clear that those who have understood my point disagree, and others presume I'm being bitchy. True, I could have said things in a different manner, but what's the point, I mean the same thing underneath.
Oh, and the disheartening comment? This is a subject I love and adore, and I find these images disheartening, personally I think people are infinitely more creative than these pictures represent, it's a shame people are too preoccupied with technical ability and the aesthetic to focus on that.
best photographs using a model:

best nature photograph:

as you can see i perfer photography with a model.
when i can't get hold of models i will sometimes use a tripod and photograph myself :o:
Reply 87
Soundsfamiliar
Hard to decide, but this one taken at the d'orsay in Paris

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/cloudedmind04/071_3.jpg

This one is incredible ! :woo:
Reply 88
Here is mine of Mount Kilimanjaro from an Airbus A321, at sunset 2 weeks ago from Mombasa International Airport, Kenya, Africa. I love it, its my desktop background.

This next one is in the airport itself:

Shonak
Reply 89
One of my Ray Bans...

One through my Ray Bans...

AnnyRoquentin
Why would I neg you, what would I gain from that?
Take my opinion how you wish, I'm now so bored of this, it's clear that those who have understood my point disagree, and others presume I'm being bitchy. True, I could have said things in a different manner, but what's the point, I mean the same thing underneath.
Oh, and the disheartening comment? This is a subject I love and adore, and I find these images disheartening, personally I think people are infinitely more creative than these pictures represent, it's a shame people are too preoccupied with technical ability and the aesthetic to focus on that.

What do you mean by "creative", and how can people represent this creativity, do you think? I don't mean to oppose your opinion, I'm genuinely interested.

EDIT: Thanks for the PM.
AnnyRoquentin
For the record, I prefer folk or noise music. :wink:

wow, you're really annoying. neg rep me I don't care.

I noticed this thread (although I have no interest or talent in photography) but some of these photographs are really interesting and beautiful (in my opinion). The title of the thread is 'post your best photograph', emphasis on Your. This is a personal thing to the people posting the pictures, I'm sure they couldn't care less whether their favourite photographs tie in with your opinion of what counts as 'art'. The thread is not 'post your most artistic photograph' so it matters not one iota that the photos are beautiful rather than have some artsy farty meaning. I'd like to see your 'best' photograph.
Reply 93
No quite at the standard as most of those posted by here are a coupel of mine.

All of those are original images - no photoshoppinh so could probably be touched up nicely. They have reen reduced size / quality as they're being used on a couple of websites. It's quite a hard sport to capture where everything is happening quite quick!
Reply 94
thegman89

Well done about this one ! :yep:
Anatheme
I've been pretty lucky with my pics so far, and as I know my camera quite well now, I don't wanna change because I fear my pic to be ****ty if I change, lol.
Paul, your pic reminds me of Lost :biggrin:

I also have a Polaroid and I so love to take pics with it ! :woo: :

Is this just standard 600 film or something expired? The colours are lovely. I am yet to go out with my Polaroid properly, because of the little voice in my head that says 'If you **** up, that's £1.00 you've spent ****ing up.'.
Reply 96
.pushing.charlotte.
best photographs using a model:

lol your best photo is your face? nice, nice.
AnnyRoquentin
Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?

How pretentious.
Reply 98
Crosseyed And Painless
Is this just standard 600 film or something expired? The colours are lovely. I am yet to go out with my Polaroid properly, because of the little voice in my head that says 'If you **** up, that's £1.00 you've spent ****ing up.'.

Standard 600 film, lol, and I agree that it's a bit expensive, lol, that's why I choose my pics veeery carefully with the Polaroid. But imo, it is totally worth it, you'll just have lovely pics and everyone will be like "Woaw, this is mint" (even if the pic is not that great, lol) :biggrin:
imtired
lol your best photo is your face? nice, nice.

it's not my face. lol.
it's a models face.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending