The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
I love the grainyness of the first and second pic.
Reply 1101
dd1989
I love the grainyness of the first and second pic.

That's the thing, they're not supposed to be. :p:

When I transferred the image to the iphone, itunes compresses it and it adds the grain. :rolleyes:
Reply 1102
Yeah but it looks nice so shh :p:
SMed - love the first portrait and the ring ring one. I think they're awesome :biggrin: Do the people in the pictures know you're taking photos of them? I'd love to do some urban photography stuff in the same vein as yours but I'm scared people will be freaked out by me :tongue:
Reply 1104
Thanks.

Sometimes they do know I'm taking their photo. These people didn't. I'm forever polishing my ninja skills. :biggrin:

I've never had any negative experiences with street photography.

I've learned to shoot from the hip, which is difficult and usually ends in failure. I also pretend to be shooting something else and rarely make eye contact. I also sometimes spray-and-pray. Another trick I do is to wear a rucksack backwards and rest the camera on tom of the bag. That way it keeps the camera steady and easier to frame than hip-shooting.

Some people use telephoto lenses and pick out targets from a distance, I prefer to get close and use a wider angle. I also find a good location and wait for the right person to come along, like in the above shots.

You still have to be careful and always be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for who's around you. Try not to stay in the same place too long. I ask people sometimes too.
Reply 1105
I took some photos ages ago from inside the car just playing around whilst my mum was driving, played around in photoshop and merged some of them in to one, think it looks quite cool and abstract.

SMed
I haven't really been taking many shots for the past couple of months. But anyway, here are a few I had stored on my iphone (not taken with my phone), and it compresses the files quite a lot (very weird dotty grain). Some family stuff and a couple of my last street shots.

These were all taken with a 350D and 24-70mm f/2.8L.

I like some of them shots. I think the one second to last is my favorite. Did you know the guy who is in the shot? I'm a bit unsure about snapping strangers in the steet, I think I would get confronted, assault or my equipment smashed (or all three).

Edit - Question asked and answerd posts 1110 and 1111. :p:
Reply 1107
baby sexy
I like some of them shots. I think the one second to last is my favorite. Did you know the guy who is in the shot? I'm a bit unsure about snapping strangers in the steet, I think I would get confronted, assault or my equipment smashed (or all three).

No I didn't know him. He did see me and I've got one where he's looking right at me too.

Street photography's easier in London in the summer; everyone thinks you're a tourist so don't really pay attention. :biggrin:
Two best ones from me:

Reply 1109
^^ I keep meaning to do something with my train set at my dad's like that, it's really fun, has a childish charm about it :biggrin:
Reply 1110
Isn't that pseudo-tilt shift? Or is it real tilt shift? Or is it really a model? :biggrin:
SMed
Isn't that pseudo-tilt shift? Or is it real tilt shift? Or is it really a model? :biggrin:

Pseudo :tongue: for what i'd want out of it, it's really not worth investment in a TS lens!
Reply 1112
dd1989
I took some photos ages ago from inside the car just playing around whilst my mum was driving, played around in photoshop and merged some of them in to one, think it looks quite cool and abstract.

Spoiler

Get a tripod and wedge it on the back seat :biggrin:

Reply 1113
That windscreen needs a wash haha.
Reply 1114
The main reason I went out that night....see all the hot pixels, that's mainly as a result of me playing in lightroom a little too much, there were some in the original RAW. I was testing to see if the noise filter actually worked, that was with it turned off, turne don there's no hot pixels at all.

Reply 1115
I'd gone out because I was bored, thought I'd do some star trails but the "clear sky" was full of clouds by the time I'd got to location so I drove up and down the motorway a few times to kill the boredom.

Completely unprocessed, straight off the camera RAW:

SMed

Have you got a Flickr account or anything? I like these photos, would be cool to see more of your work. :yep:
Reply 1117
TheLouisVuittonDon
Have you got a Flickr account or anything? I like these photos, would be cool to see more of your work. :yep:

No, I did but deleted it earlier in the year. Don't ask. :rolleyes:

But if you're referring to the tilt-shift stuff, I haven't done any of that.
Sparrowhawk on the garden this morning. Shot taken with the superzoom instead of SLR but still it's a good subject.

Please forgive the quality. I'm ordering my new digital camera tomorrow, and this was taken with an eight megapixel camera phone this evening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending