The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Photogrpahy is art, art is about expressing one's self. just post your images, give constructive comments, and stop ripping the **** out of each another.
Reply 141
thanks VickieLR :smile:
I apologise profusely to anyone who feels offended by this sunset pic...

Spoiler

And this one isn't set up particularly well, but it's so pretty there and I love the photo :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 143
olileauk
More of mine ^.^

My parrot =D These are some of the first pictures i ever took with my S2 IS, going back a few years now...

So cute! :smile:

Here's my budgie Blueie a few weeks before he died. He was pretty tame with the camera.

Spoiler

Spoiler

S Pauls
wow awesome shot there Alexshepherd11 (the second shot)

thank you, it is at the top of killington peak in america:smile:

here's some more:

Spoiler

Actually, I prefer this to my other one...

Reply 147
GodspeedGehenna
Do you have your photos from Japan hosted anywhere? I'd love to see them. :smile:

No, not at the moment. I'm currently in the process of trawling through all my photoes (all 10 thousand of them!), and saving the good ones in another place (plan to keep them all though =P). Then I need to edit them in photoshop, partly because my camera is shyt and the colours are no where near deep enough, and there isn't enough sharpness (something which has improved vastly since getting an SLR). Then I plan to host them in my flickr account. I'll send you the link when I'm done, but it will be a few weeks yet I should think.
Ewan
I'll send you the link when I'm done, but it will be a few weeks yet I should think.

I'll hold you to that! :smile:
AnnyRoquentin
Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?

Fair play.
But sometimes a picture doesn't have to be well thought out to show beauty, or too convey a mood. You could just be there, and bam you have a beautiful picture.
And who can argue with natural beauty?

Someone who has spent weeks composing a picture, could come out with hunk of crap picture.
my best isn't that great, but it's probably one of these two. You should note that photography isn't a passion of mine, more something i just do while cycling or walking.

Reply 151
pantheon in rome
Reply 152
My favourites are these. And like others, I dont claim to have talent, 'creativity' or aim to inspire... I just like memories. I havent touched any of these.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This was taken soon after I started photography and got my 350D. There are probably a few technical improvements to be had still. I shot in JPEG then and was just learning to use photoshop.

Just remember, a very influential photographer once said, "Your first 10,000 photos are your worst." Everyone starts somewhere and not everyone wants to be a 'photographer'. Some just take pictures and there's nothing wrong with that at all; I just take pictures.
snmichaels
Just remember, a very influential photographer once said, "Your first 10,000 photos are your worst."

Come to think of it, he is from the film era so 10,000 film photos must be at least about 75,000 digital photos. Just realised I've still got a very very long way to go yet. :biggrin:
Bearing in mind I'm an absolutely ****e photographer and I had a slight obsession with bubbles xD

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 156
Sephrenia

Spoiler

I really like that last one! Re-do it with your decent cam!
Ghost
I really like that last one! Re-do it with your decent cam!

I'll try - it depends if I still have my giant straws though xD
You lucky day ghost :p: My bedroom is a damn sight harder to take a photo like that in than my Uni kitchen with its nice clear ceiling and stuff - I kept getting things like my teddy bear collection and wardrobe in the way :p:

Spoiler

I don't really have many photos, least of all decent ones :p: but I really like this one. Taken on top of Mont Juic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montju%C3%AFc) in Barcelona.

Great view

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending