The Student Room Group

Btec national diploma business, which uk universities accept you with a...

Scroll to see replies

Most universities do, the only ones which don’t are places like Oxford and Cambridge. They prefer more traditional subjects, but the majority will accept you with a vocational qualification as long as you have the grades. The majority ask for DDD or DDM.
Reply 21
But, if the uni's i see for some courses ask for 280 points for that course (most courses seem to be in the 280 mark), which is a DMM in BTEC, surely that's the same thing then?
Reply 22
thanks all am more confident now about applying to unis.. i want to go to ucl if they accept me but ofcorse there is queenmary and other unis am considering.. queenmary is not far off from where i live, so i may end up there if i cant get in ucl with the degree i want
Reply 23
well I done a traditional BTEC in Mechanical Engineering and got DDD and done two a levels and got AA and am applying to Merton college, Oxford ....... :s-smilie:
Reply 24
hey there!
ima student from pakistan and i am in the first year of my undergraduate BSc degree.i have done my alevels and have 3.5 credits.
is it possible for me to get into the 2nd year of BTEC directly and than tranfer my self to BSc again in the 3rd year?
ehmad
hey there!
ima student from pakistan and i am in the first year of my undergraduate BSc degree.i have done my alevels and have 3.5 credits.
is it possible for me to get into the 2nd year of BTEC directly and than tranfer my self to BSc again in the 3rd year?

As BTECS are equivalent to level 2 or 3 (GCSEs or A-Levels) this wouldn't be an option as degrees are level 4.

This seems a strange thing to consider.
Reply 26
AlexP, i see no reason why you shouldnt apply for oxford. The grades you have are definantly good enough, equilivant to 5 A's, especially doing 2 A Levels on top of your BTEC. I' guessing you did your 2 A Levels in Maths and Physics?, if you did a BTEC in Engineering.

Well yes BTEC, DDD, is equilivant to AAA at A Level but you will probobly find that most unis regard them as a "lower" qualification and give more preferance to people with A Levels than people with BTEC's when the are deciding who to accept. But if you can back up your BTEC with a full A level at A grade then you will more than likley show the unis that you are better than the rest. This is my personal experiance than BTECs are more of a "dos" than say their A level equlivant, as i've seen people bunk half their lessons at college and still manage to get a MMM and then people of same intelegence at a 6th form struggle to get a C at A level.
You can go to newcastle university they accept DDD for btec and it is one of the best universities in the UK
Reply 28
hi scott20 does brunel and cambridge and that accept it
HELLO i want to take btec level
Reply 30
The best website is the www.UCAS.com , this also shows which universities allow BTEC diplomas as entries, I've used it and its very helpful if you are going toward the Higher education root.
Can you please answer this question? Currently I am studying BTEC Level 3 ICT which contains 12 units. I wanted to know that can I go to university with this BTEC which is equivalent to only 2 A-Levels and E grade on AS Business Studies.
Original post by sandesh777
Can you please answer this question? Currently I am studying BTEC Level 3 ICT which contains 12 units. I wanted to know that can I go to university with this BTEC which is equivalent to only 2 A-Levels and E grade on AS Business Studies.

You would most probably need another A level (or equivalent) to study at university. You may want to look into foundation years too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sandesh777

Depending on the course, university and providing you have maths and english gcse- yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending