The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
This implantation spotting thing seems to be becoming much bigger than it ever used to be - I'm sure we never used to have this many people asking about it! Tbh, I don't really know what is going on with your period, but the test still being negative is a good thing. I guess it's just a question of waiting more and taking another test in a week or so...
BlackHawk

We must be due around the same time. :smile: I'm due 12/12. Having a little girl.

I'm in my mid twenties, so not in education so I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

Ha, I'm due the same date as you! So yeah, pretty much around the same time lol :P
Mine's a little guy though :smile:

How's pregnancy going for you then? lol
morethanwords.27
Ha, I'm due the same date as you! So yeah, pretty much around the same time lol :P
Mine's a little guy though :smile:

How's pregnancy going for you then? lol

goddamn it - all you pregnant people are making me soooooooooo broody :sigh: :frown: I wish I was pregnant - resting my teacup on my bump....then that newborn baby smell when you have your baby...ahhhhh damnit I want all that again *cries*
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a couple of nights ago (stupid, I know), I was on my period at the time (I know that's gross) and he didn't come. I know the chances are slim that I could get pregnant, but is there any chance at all? I was on the pill up until a few days ago but stopped taking it because it was making me depressed, shall I go back on the pill tonight so it prevents anything from developing?
Reply 24
Yeah, there is.
Reply 25
The chance, although next to zero, exists. Just run a pregnancy test 2 weeks from the time you had sex to make sure.
Yes there is, so be careful. Take some tests just to make sure. And in the future, take real care to follow extra precations to keep from getting pregnant if you're not now.
That you really can get pregnant without knowing it?
Like, do you still have periods and stuff?
I was watching a TV programme the other day and I just couldn't believe it!
Please keep anon.

Its silly I know but me and my boyfriend always have unprotected sex.... He dosn't cum in me but whats the likely hood of me gettin preggers?
My periods are irregular so I don't really know what to expect!
I have had a few scares!
Please someone tell me!
Use the pill.

There is still a chance you can get pregnant.

Bit silly not to use the pill if you're not using a condom..
I really hope you're not a troll, as I find it difficult to believe that someone could be so uneducated about safe sex.

Of course the likelihood of getting pregnant varies throughout your cycle (the ovulation window being from about Day 9 to Day 15). However I'm assuming you're pretty young and therefore fertile, which means that the body is automatically geared up to try and get pregnant, so having sex at any time could potentially result in pregnancy, especially as your period is irregular which means you cannot gauge the time when you are ovulating too accurately.

Even though pre-ejaculate doesn't usually contain much or any semen, there is a chance it can, and indeed get you pregnant. So it's so so SO important that you use a condom/use the Pill, as abortions are really something you don't want to go through.
Reply 31
Relatively high.

Ie. it's a completely realistic possibility that you will by a mum soon if you continue as before.
One of my close friends put herself in exactly the same situation as you, i.e he used to withdraw at the critical moment, and , yes, you've guessed it, she did fall pregnant.

It was a disaster to her (and for info, she did have the baby, no partner around now, but highly supportive mum and dad lucckily for her)

So DO NOT TAKE THE RISK
Anonymous
Please keep anon.

Its silly I know but me and my boyfriend always have unprotected sex.... He dosn't cum in me but whats the likely hood of me gettin preggers?
My periods are irregular so I don't really know what to expect!
I have had a few scares!
Please someone tell me!

There's a very good chance. Stop. Condoms, the pill, injection etc...
As I understand it, the only way for there not be be a chance of pregnancy is not to have sex.
yep tis true that (what Promesse said). People have been known to have had the snip or had tubes tied, or even to have been declared infertile by doctors, and still gone on to have had babies.

So abstinence is the only safe option.

Unless you're named Mary...
Reply 36
PinkMobilePhone
yep tis true that (what Promesse said). People have been known to have had the snip or had tubes tied, or even to have been declared infertile by doctors, and still gone on to have had babies.

So abstinence is the only safe option.

Unless you're named Mary...

Interestingly, the implant and the Mirena are actually both MORE effective at preventing pregnancy than surgical sterilisation. :yep: Which is why it's being offered much less frequently nowadays.
Reply 37
Contraception should be used at all times during sex!!

Please choose - condoms, the pill, the injection, patch

Or not have sex at all.
thankyou everyone for answering my question!
that puts me in my place!
no more!!

thanks guys :smile:
"preggers".... scary.

Latest