The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i missed the pill (cerazette) because i slept at my boyfriends because i missed the last bus :/...we had sex. This was errr about 4-6 weeks ago. i missed my last period but am getting close to when in supposed to be on the next and have been noticing i had a brown discharge this morning. Does it mean even tho i missed a pill AND a period that i am going to come on the period? I am really really really confused and scared

Take a pregnancy test? Cerazette can make periods irregular, so it may be nothing, but you did miss one so there is the possibility of pregnancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there was no penetration and when he ejaculated is was nowhere near me, however he did finger me and our genitals did touch although I don't think there was much if any liquid (Precum) present, I take loestrin 20 between 8 and 11pm each night, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm freaking out, this incident took place around a week ago and I am meant to be starting my period today or tomorrow as I have just stopped taking the pill, what are the chances I'm pregnant? I have slight pains in my stomach but that might possibly be from stress?
Could I be pregnant? I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago, and the day after I took the morning after pill. I came on my period a week early and bled for 2 days then stopped for a few hours but I'm back on now. Is this normal or am I just being paranoid? Haha
Original post by holliepolly
Could I be pregnant? I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago, and the day after I took the morning after pill. I came on my period a week early and bled for 2 days then stopped for a few hours but I'm back on now. Is this normal or am I just being paranoid? Haha

MAP messes with period so it be impact of that. Sometimes my period stops intensity etc for a time. There is still a small risk but if this really is your period then there isn't a chance.
I think this is my normal period now but because i always worry im going to take a test just to put my mind at rest haha thankyou
It's more than 4 weeks since my last period (they're irregular but the last period I had came 4 weeks after the one before, so it looked as if they were getting regular) and my boobs are HUGE. Like, huge. I've put on some weight through eating crap lately but my boobs have gone up a cup size in about a week. And they're very 'full' feeling and quite tender and sore. I'm hoping it's just that I've put on weight through eating more and they're sore because I'm due to come on but I have never ever had them this big before, which is what's worrying me :/ I'm also peeing all the time and generally feel tired and achey. Any wisdom on the matter?
It's more than 4 weeks since my last period (they're irregular but the last period I had came 4 weeks after the one before, so it looked as if they were getting regular) and my boobs are HUGE. Like, huge. I've put on some weight through eating crap lately but my boobs have gone up a cup size in about a week. And they're very 'full' feeling and quite tender and sore. I'm hoping it's just that I've put on weight through eating more and they're sore because I'm due to come on but I have never ever had them this big before, which is what's worrying me :/ I'm also peeing all the time and generally feel tired and achey. Any wisdom on the matter?

Just take a couple tests.
Reply 1467

If you've been having unprotected sex, then take a pregnancy test. It's hardly Nobel prizewinning levels of wisdom.
As early as nine weeks into your pregnancy, you can learn the sex of your baby through a simple blood test.
As early as nine weeks into your pregnancy, you can learn the sex of your baby through a simple blood test.
My boyfriend and I have only had sex once this month and we used a condom and he didn't ejaculate either. We've done some other sexual stuff this month but nothing different to usual and no unprotected sex. My period is now 7 days late and I think it's probably down to stress from results but am I just being paranoid???
Hey I am worried that I am pregnant, I started my pill at the beginning of my last period and had sex with my partner that week (2 weeks ago). Since then I have been completely under the weather, I've had what I thought was a sick bug, I was sick about 8 times one morning and severe sinus pain and headaches which won't budge. I've also been ridiculously tired. I've had pains and also a bit of spotting - didn't know if this is just because I've started a new pill. Now I feel itchy down there and I'm not sure what to do. I've also had pains from my bra- again this just could be my bra, I don't know. I just find it weird that all these things are happening at once that wouldn't usually. I was up last night feeling nauseous. I know I can't take a test because it's too early, but I'm driving myself insane sitting around waiting for my period.
I lost a baby coming towards the end of high school, and although I never intended on becoming pregnant, I was still devastated. I always felt ashamed of being pregnant so young so the only people who know are my parents, the doctors, and my ex boyfriend.

Although since my miscarriage I've never been the same, I'm always fed up and have no motivation. My current partner is fully understanding of why I can be so low and quiet, but I constantly feel as if I should have a baby to hold and look after.

Can anyone else relate and put my mind to ease?
I lost a baby coming towards the end of high school, and although I never intended on becoming pregnant, I was still devastated. I always felt ashamed of being pregnant so young so the only people who know are my parents, the doctors, and my ex boyfriend.

Although since my miscarriage I've never been the same, I'm always fed up and have no motivation. My current partner is fully understanding of why I can be so low and quiet, but I constantly feel as if I should have a baby to hold and look after.

Can anyone else relate and put my mind to ease?

Honey, all you need is just more time. Time is the best medicine.
I was wondering if someone could give me an opinion or some guidance on my situation.

Basically, I had sex for the first time a few weeks ago (2nd October, specifically) and we had used a form of contraception (Condom - I would have used something like the morning after pill as well but the experience was unexpected and I honestly didn't really think about it). However, about two and a half weeks after this I have been experiencing a bit of pain in my lower abdomen (not a usual symptom before my period), bloating and frequent urination.

Around the time my period was due (23rd-24th October), I have experienced some bleeding although this is not much like my usual periods since it is much lighter than normal (although the blood is still bright red, rather than a brown/pinkish colour), so my thought is that it is possibly implantation bleeding. My frequent urination has also stopped at this point and I have started to get pains in my lower back (which is a usual symptom I have when having my period). My bloating is still prominent but it seems to fluctuate (e.g. sometimes it's quite large, whereas sometimes it's reduced in size but still noticable as bloating).

As a result of all of this and despite not having experienced other symptoms of pregnancy (changes in breasts, sickness, tiredness, etc.), I have had my suspicions that I am pregnant so I bought a two tests to see the outcome. I used one of them yesterday (I felt comfortable doing the test then since it has been over 21 days since I had sex) and the result came up as 'not pregnant', but I don't feel convinced that this is the case, since I can't see why else I would be experiencing such symptoms (unless it really is my period and it's just late/affected by stress? I did also read somewhere that becoming sexually active can interfere with your pms, but I'm unsure as to what the accuracy of this statement is). I do plan on taking the second test in a few days when the light bleeding I'm experiencing has stopped since maybe the hormone detected by pregnancy tests isn't high enough yet (or, unless I seem to get bleeding that resembles my period, then after that). I would just appreciate some input on the situation is all, especially if someone has experienced the same (would be interested in knowing what the end result was, whether you were pregnant or not).
Original post by morethanwords.27
Wow

I'm kinda glad there are other pregnant people here, lol.

I'm 26 weeks now.

Are you guys still in education or whatever? How's it work out for you?

I'm going into college in september. :smile:

How old are you? :smile:
I was wondering if someone could give me an opinion or some guidance on my situation.

Basically, I had sex for the first time a few weeks ago (2nd October, specifically) and we had used a form of contraception (Condom - I would have used something like the morning after pill as well but the experience was unexpected and I honestly didn't really think about it). However, about two and a half weeks after this I have been experiencing a bit of pain in my lower abdomen (not a usual symptom before my period), bloating and frequent urination.

Around the time my period was due (23rd-24th October), I have experienced some bleeding although this is not much like my usual periods since it is much lighter than normal (although the blood is still bright red, rather than a brown/pinkish colour), so my thought is that it is possibly implantation bleeding. My frequent urination has also stopped at this point and I have started to get pains in my lower back (which is a usual symptom I have when having my period). My bloating is still prominent but it seems to fluctuate (e.g. sometimes it's quite large, whereas sometimes it's reduced in size but still noticable as bloating).

As a result of all of this and despite not having experienced other symptoms of pregnancy (changes in breasts, sickness, tiredness, etc.), I have had my suspicions that I am pregnant so I bought a two tests to see the outcome. I used one of them yesterday (I felt comfortable doing the test then since it has been over 21 days since I had sex) and the result came up as 'not pregnant', but I don't feel convinced that this is the case, since I can't see why else I would be experiencing such symptoms (unless it really is my period and it's just late/affected by stress? I did also read somewhere that becoming sexually active can interfere with your pms, but I'm unsure as to what the accuracy of this statement is). I do plan on taking the second test in a few days when the light bleeding I'm experiencing has stopped since maybe the hormone detected by pregnancy tests isn't high enough yet (or, unless I seem to get bleeding that resembles my period, then after that). I would just appreciate some input on the situation is all, especially if someone has experienced the same (would be interested in knowing what the end result was, whether you were pregnant or not).

Hope you find this thread again. Sex is scary. You used protection so it's very unlikely. Stress does disrupt periods. Tests ought to be accurate at this point so don't fear too much.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Hope you find this thread again. Sex is scary. You used protection so it's very unlikely. Stress does disrupt periods. Tests ought to be accurate at this point so don't fear too much.

Hey, thank you for the response (really appreciate it)! A bit of an update on the situation - I took a second test recently (when the bleeding had stopped) and came up with a negative result again. Although, part of me just doesn't really feel convinced... the bleeding was nothing like what my periods are usually like and I haven't had any further bleeding them resembles it, perhaps it is just stress though? I'm still a bit bloated too; not as much as I was before but it's still noticable. Overall though, I do feel better than I did prior and as a result, maybe I shouldn't be worried?
Hi everyone. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who found out they were pregnant while they were at university? And what happened?
Hi, I'm a bit concerned and was hoping for some insight. Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship at uni but we've both been home for christmas so have been having regular sex over the past 2 and a half weeks. A few days ago (1 week before period due) I noticed a very light bleed, more like a brown discharge and some slight cramping. Thought it was period early but only lasted a few hours, didnt get any heavier or more like a normal bleed. Am now wondering if this could be implantation bleed? I've been feeling quite nauseous and dizzy too and getting headaches which isn't normal for me. Boobs feel bigger and been needing to go to the loo more regularly. Period isn't due for another few days but I'm getting quite worried. However I'm on the pill, haven't missed any days, so I don't see how I can be pregnant?

Latest