The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Primark Jeans are pretty good qualityy, their shoes are ****. I bought a pair of pumps from their the other week and they're ****edd. The tshirts and pyjamas are really good and thats about itt. :smile:
Reply 61
who cares about the quality
at that price it can fall apart and i can by something else for not even a tenth of the cost of some g-star raw polo shirt

anyway the stuff i ahve from there looks good still and i wear it plenty - not always the best fit is da only problem
The only things I have bought from Primark are the knix and one pair of cropped jeans and they haven't been too bad - quality wise.

Everything else seems to fit me awkwardly so I tend to not bother purchasing anything else.
Reply 63
I have a few things from Primark.
I find that their bags always break though. I had an incident with a bag once inwhich the zip broke off (with the bag closed) and I had to cut the bag open to get my stuff out of it.
Reply 64
Some of their tops tend to go a bit shapeless after a couple of washes, but their skirts are good.

I bought a pair of wellies from there the other day and I really hope they last because they're gorgeous!
Reply 65
I love Primark, but only for certain things (well most things actually) and i tend to shop at a range of cheap shops such as Primark itself, Matalan, New look, charity shops and sales sections of more expensive shops. I never shop at places like River island or Topshop, overpriced...

I like Primark for the variety, and the guilt-free shopping. There's so many little things you can pick up that are handy. My favourite section is the accessories, the jewellery is fabulous and i really like their underwear, pyjamas, tights,scarves and belts. In fact, most of my accessories are from Primark.

With my budget i don't see the point in spending more on something which you'll wear every single day. For me, it's spending less and having a large wardrobe in which to choose from that i like. Why spend £100 on a winter coat you'll wear every day when you can get 5 coats for that price at Primark and have a choice of colour and style? And you'll wear them less so you won't need to worry about them lasting long.

I'm not one of those people who lives in hoodies and tracksuit bottoms though, i love fashion and love wearing dresses and dressing up, and i firmly believe you don't need to spend alot to do this. Cheap shops ftw! Why do you think Primark is sooo popular?
Reply 66
It's appalling quality! Extra whippings for the sweatshop children!
Everything they sell is like four times too big. A small there is like a large or a medium
Primark is so hit and miss, and lately the quality is even worse than before. I got some vest tops in there and they are out of shape after one wash. I hate this whole culture of disposable fashion, it's so wasteful to wear something once and throw it away. Even if I do shop in Primark, I expect to be able to wear the item on a regular basis, and I have done that in the past. I have black and white pumps I've been wearing twice a week for the last 6 months and they're still going strong. I'm so annoyed that the vest tops haven't lasted. I'd rather pay 12 quid for a half decent one than a pound for something that falls apart so easily.

Latest