The Student Room Group

I think Edexcel might have lost part of my exam...

Well got my GCSE results and they were pretty good. Then i look at French and i have a C when i was predicted an A*. I look beside the grade and there is a '#' next to the grade.

On the back of the sheet it tells me, # - indicates the candidate was absent from part of the examination and was awarded zero marks for this part/unit. The UMS mark/grade was awarded on the components actually taken.

But the thing is was never absent from any part of my french exam :s-smilie:

Does this mean edexcel have lost part of my exam? If so what can i do about it???
Reply 1
Tell your school about it asap. Although if it is lsot there's not much that can be done because it might have gotten lost in the post or thrown away by one of the invidulators accidentaly, you never know with lsot papers.
Just inform EDEXCEL and your school about it and they might let you retake it in january. OR, it might not be lsot you may have entered an incorrect candidate number.
contact your examination officer
Reply 3
yeah you need to get in touch with your school
Reply 4
Knowing Edexchell they probably did lose it! You could try to just get given your predicted A* :biggrin:

This is what happened at my school:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2287171/Exam-board-Edexcel-loses-GCSE-coursework-in-series-of-blunders.html
Reply 5
I think I might have done actually. Knowing me I probably did.. it's something I'd do :P

Even though I do quite like Edexcel.. (they're nice markers in science:wink:)