So I've got no hope then? :/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
prospectivEEconomist
lol well I am gonna make sure I don't break anything

OMG you're not even at uni yet? With all the expertise you seem to profess about economics and university, people would assume you've already graduated with a first and have experience of the grad job market! Not that you're not even a first year lol!

To the OP: Complain! You paid that deposit in good faith and want it back if there's not a good reason for them with-holding it.
Reply 22
Where are people getting lists of where money was reduced from?
Sophie3
OMG you're not even at uni yet? With all the expertise you seem to profess about economics and university, people would assume you've already graduated with a first and have experience of the grad job market! Not that you're not even a first year lol!

To the OP: Complain! You paid that deposit in good faith and want it back if there's not a good reason for them with-holding it.

how about you get the **** out of here you dumbass :smile:
Reply 24
Ha! I just posted about this! Guess I should have checked this thread first!

EskimoJo
Where are people getting lists of where money was reduced from?

Apparently they'll send them through the post. Still waiting too. They are absolutely rubbish. All they care about is extracting as much money as possible. Damn the PFI system!!! Mind you, at least the woman I spoke to, sounded like she was totally aware of the scam they are pulling.
Reply 25
i think the best idea is evidently to take photographic proof of everything before you leave so if they try slap charges on you then you have proof its not true
i'm definately taking photos when i first get there and gonna return the room exactly as it is in the photos before i leave
Reply 26
Aimai

Apparently they'll send them through the post. Still waiting too. They are absolutely rubbish. All they care about is extracting as much money as possible. Damn the PFI system!!! Mind you, at least the woman I spoke to, sounded like she was totally aware of the scam they are pulling.

Thanks. I await my letter with interest!

MiniMatt89
i think the best idea is evidently to take photographic proof of everything before you leave so if they try slap charges on you then you have proof its not true
i'm definately taking photos when i first get there and gonna return the room exactly as it is in the photos before i leave

For some of the flat charges, you can't really do that though. Like not taking your bin out on a random day throughout the year, unless you take a picture everyday, they can still charge you!
Reply 27
Yep, I'm awaiting their letter too. Since I've got the original pieces of paper stating the condition of my room and kitchen.
MiniMatt89

Think I'll do likewise here - I don't like the sound of these deposits...
Reply 29
Pfft! Got the letter from BGP.

They charged me £20 for a stain on the desk chair and £90 for a stain on the mattress.

But, the stain was already on the desk chair!!! I've got proof on the room inventory checklist! Also, I was unaware of any stain on the mattress because of the bedsheet that BGP left on the mattress when I moved in! I never took that sheet off, as I put my own sheets on top of that one. Sneaky bunch, these UPP people!

I'm going to write a letter to them with the proof, and see what they have to say for themselves.
Reply 30
If you take photos, put them in an envelope and post them to yourself.

That way, you can take them to UPP as sealed and dated proof, rather than photos of what could be any room in any flat at any time.
could someone tell the freshers what precautionary measures they should take? Take pictures of the room and show it to the staff so they can't say, for example, that stain didn't exist before you occupied the room?
Reply 32
For all the people planning to complain about the deposit deductions, here is the email address you can contact them by:

[email protected]

Don't bother calling them as I did that and they just gave me this email address. The lady I spoke to also said that they are dealing with 1,500 queries regarding the deposit deductions! That's 75% of the population of Broadgate Park!!! :dry:

Here's what was in the email that I sent them:

Spoiler

I bet I won't hear from them for months...
Reply 33
whoa. i'm nervous about moving into bgp....
Reply 34
jkyng1
whoa. i'm nervous about moving into bgp....

They're not really any worse than Nottingham Hospitality on main Campus so I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 35
okay thanks. but i think i will make sure everything is alright before i use them :s-smilie:
Reply 36
geoff_yin
For all the people planning to complain about the deposit deductions, here is the email address you can contact them by:

[email protected]

Don't bother calling them as I did that and they just gave me this email address. The lady I spoke to also said that they are dealing with 1,500 queries regarding the deposit deductions! That's 75% of the population of Broadgate Park!!! :dry:

Here's what was in the email that I sent them:

Spoiler

I bet I won't hear from them for months...

Sounds good. Good luck with that.

My email keeps bouncing- I bet their mailbox is full up and they can't be bothered to empty it as it means receiving more complaints.

I really do hate them. :p: :mad:
Reply 37
Aimai
Sounds good. Good luck with that.

My email keeps bouncing- I bet their mailbox is full up and they can't be bothered to empty it as it means receiving more complaints.

I really do hate them. :p: :mad:

You sure you've got the right email address?

I sent it to bgpresidents at first, but got a failed delivery notification.

I rang up and it's actually bgpresidenCE
Reply 38
geoff_yin
You sure you've got the right email address?

I sent it to bgpresidents at first, but got a failed delivery notification.

I rang up and it's actually bgpresidenCE

Thanks :-) I didn't have :o: . Ah well... I still hate them. :p: It got through to the regional manager though who said he would speak to the local team and get back to me. Bah.
Reply 39
Aimai
Thanks :-) I didn't have :o: . Ah well... I still hate them. :p: It got through to the regional manager though who said he would speak to the local team and get back to me. Bah.

Is it still Sam Bailey-Watts?

Latest

Trending

Trending