The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You missed a whole piece of cw, jesus. I wouldn't retake as when you do a levels, gcses seem easy! Unless you want to apply to oxbridge or medicine then it would be a good idea to retake as they usually look at your gcses.
Reply 2
Depends on what university you want to go to. If it's a top university, then I would say yes, otherwise not really.

However, I have heard from other TSRer's that resitting is frowned upon. I do not have any evidence to support this allegation, and therefore, I classify it as a rumour.
A lot of people struggled with that this year. You're not alone! Retaking it . . . :hmmm:
I hoped to get an A* in Literature because I thought the exam went well (and my c/w was A*) and was hoping to scrape an A in language because the exam went terribly and c/w was a b/a. Got a A* in Language and A in Literature. It mystifies me. I am going to forget english forever now. Too subjective for me.
No, don't bother. Employees and unis usually looking for a B grade in English Language so you're fine.
Reply 6
It's english!!!!!
If you want to retake it to impress universities, don't bother. They will know that you have a resat it and won't think too highly of you doing so, especially when a B is a perfectly acceptable result anyway.
Reply 8
I'm trying to forget English. It's been my strongest subject since I started school, and I was expected to get 2 A*'s. For both courseworks I had an A* overall, I got an A* in my lit mock. Yet I came out with 2 A's which I was gutted about.
Reply 9
Hi,
I got an A in the english language paper. On the exam sheet it just said the result. Is there any way of checking what mark you got.
Thanks
Reply 10
Mark54
Hi,
I got an A in the english language paper. On the exam sheet it just said the result. Is there any way of checking what mark you got.
Thanks

You can ask your teacher / exam officer.

Latest