Visit website

Scroll to see replies

children :rolleyes:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Joe555
Yeah, weirdly i acutally want a reading list!! please please? I've got to register at 9:30 on tuesday morning!!!!!!!!!!! pfffffffft. They're having a joke! Although the medics have to register at 9:00am:biggrin: So i'm slightly happy i've got 1 over them.

just go your course homepage and there should be a reading list.
Yeah and we also have to register at the hospital between 8.30 and 9.30 on the Monday morning! I'm going to die.

Although that half hour lie in won't help you, in fact I bet you end up more tired because of it!
Reply 23
geoff_yin
Heh. This thread has actually turned out to be pretty good! :colondollar:

And it will forever be named "Why is it so dry?" :no:
Creole

I dunno I quite like it!

Plus the reference to people thinking this thread is in H&R is funny
Reply 25
La Trampa
just go your course homepage and there should be a reading list.

The internet portal login thing? Or the department's homepage? Because i cannot find it on either:confused:
Reply 26
Creole

:rofl: It makes people click on it I suppose!

Mods can always change it if the so desire!
Joe555
I've got to register at 9:30 on tuesday morning!!!!!!!!!!! pfffffffft. They're having a joke! Although the medics have to register at 9:00am:biggrin: So i'm slightly happy i've got 1 over them.

11.30 :p:
I do agree. Lets present ourselves shall we?

Question. Is the first week all about clubbing and drinking? Bit stupid to ask but when I last visited there the tour guide seemed to talk about nothing but alcohol and clubbing. I dnt drink but clubbing is alright.

Can someone tell me about the swimming pool fee. I saw it and quickly wanted to jump in ( want to get in it first day:biggrin: )

Can I trek from manor villages to Uni Park campus on bike? how long is it?
The hooper from jubilee is free right? what times does it work?

I wont make my post long so I will ask more questions later on.

Oh I almost forgot.
Ahmed
Engineering (mechanical )
Manor villages
Reply 29
Joe555
The internet portal login thing? Or the department's homepage? Because i cannot find it on either:confused:

Log in to your portal and go to the 'Library' tab. Under the "Library Searches" section, there should be a Reading List option. Click on that, type in the module name/code and it should list the books for that module. You'll find module names in the "Course" tab.
Reply 30
Signor Optimist

Oooh, let's :biggrin:

I'm Malin, will be doing IR & Global Issues, and I'll be staying in BGP (Junipers)
Signor Optimist

Question. Is the first week all about clubbing and drinking? Bit stupid to ask but when I last visited there the tour guide seemed to talk about nothing but alcohol and clubbing. I dnt drink but clubbing is alright.

Can someone tell me about the swimming pool fee. I saw it and quickly wanted to jump in ( want to get in it first day:biggrin: )

Can I trek from manor villages to Uni Park campus on bike? how long is it?
The hooper from jubilee is free right? what times does it work?

I wont make my post long so I will ask more questions later on.

Oh I almost forgot.
Ahmed
Engineering (mechanical )
Manor villages

No he first week isn't just about clubbing. You join societies, learn about your environment and get ready for lectures. You don't have to go clubbing or drinking, freshers week is just a time for you to get settled.

Not sure about swimming pool fee, think it was £3 per entry. Check the sports website.

Walking from manor to uni park would take...about 30mins, biking is faster. Easiest thing to do is get the hopper bus from jubilee or walk to derby road and get one he buses (rainbow 5, trent barton 18, nct 34/35/36) or there's another £1 (i think, price might have gone up) from in front of spc. Hopper bus time tables are on the uni website,but it's roughly around every 15mins but don't rely on it solely because they can be very unreliable or full. All these questions have been answered in previous threads btw, you should search next time.
Reply 32
rt6
Log in to your portal and go to the 'Library' tab. Under the "Library Searches" section, there should be a Reading List option. Click on that, type in the module name/code and it should list the books for that module. You'll find module names in the "Course" tab.

the only tabs i have (in order) are:

* Home
* My Application
* Student Life
* Nottingham
* Fee Estimator
* Contact Us
* Next Steps

Like that. Maybe for different courses you do/do not get a reading list? The only way i can see of getting a reading list is by clicking on "reading list" here: http://winster.nottingham.ac.uk/modulecatalogue/asp/ModuleDetails.asp?crs_id=010130&year_id=000108 But it won't accept my udername/password. Maybe when we get to register on the 1st of september i'll be able to access it?
Joe555
But it won't accept my udername/password. Maybe when we get to register on the 1st of september i'll be able to access it?

That happened to when i just tried as well :erm:
Reply 34
Alison267
That happened to when i just tried as well :erm:

Yeah, i tried "ps_ucas number" and "ucas number" along with my date of birth but nothing happens either way.:confused:
Reply 35
Joe555
Yeah, i tried "ps_ucas number" and "ucas number" along with my date of birth but nothing happens either way.:confused:

did u enter your date of birth in the right format? its: 24sep99
Reply 36
silk192
did u enter your date of birth in the right format? its: 24sep99

Yup lol.
Reply 37
Hmm, that's strange. I guess you have to be registered and log in with your university email (as opposed to the ucas one). Until you get those, I can only suggest you go the module convenor's page (type in their name in google, or the module code). They usually list the name of the books, on their website, without any logging in.
EvilSheep
Oooh, let's :biggrin:

I'm Malin, will be doing IR & Global Issues, and I'll be staying in BGP (Junipers)

Hi Malin :hello:.
Reply 39
Joe555, do you really want to see your reading list before you even get to Uni? The thought of looking at another reading list is depressing me already! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending