The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

EvilSheep
Yes, I remember you very well!!! I'm slightly obsessed with going to Ed for postgrad, so.. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm sure you'll enjoy Notts!! We should meet up, I can teach you Norwegian :wink:

Where are you staying??

Weird.. I keep telling people that now I've failed to get into Edinburgh for undergraduate study, I'll be going there for postgrad!

I've bought myself one of those Teach Yourself courses on Danish (it's in the post as we speak!), and my other half is doing the Norwegian.. it's all good fun. :biggrin:

I don't know where I'm staying yet, I had to apply for accomodation as an Insurance candidate, so I'm in that limbo of waiting for a reply, all too familiar to us failed lot!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Fjarskafinn
Weird.. I keep telling people that now I've failed to get into Edinburgh for undergraduate study, I'll be going there for postgrad!

I've bought myself one of those Teach Yourself courses on Danish (it's in the post as we speak!), and my other half is doing the Norwegian.. it's all good fun. :biggrin:

I don't know where I'm staying yet, I had to apply for accomodation as an Insurance candidate, so I'm in that limbo of waiting for a reply, all too familiar to us failed lot!

Let me know when you know something then :wink:

And yeah, at least there's the opportunity to go elsewhere as a postgrad (Don't take me wrong, I'm really happy about going to Notts :biggrin: )
Reply 62
I'm Dom, studying neuroscience for 3 years starting in less than a months time. :biggrin: I haven't found a single other neuroscientist on TSR...

I'm too lazy to upload a picture, but I'm pale, 5'8", ginger and wear glasses. Let your imaginations run wild!
DominF
I'm Dom, studying neuroscience for 3 years starting in less than a months time. :biggrin: I haven't found a single other neuroscientist on TSR...

I'm too lazy to upload a picture, but I'm pale, 5'8", ginger and wear glasses. Let your imaginations run wild!

lol Dont worry , we are not so keen on boys :biggrin:

AHMED.
DominF

Neuroscience makes me happy!

If I'd done sciences at A-Level (I really don't understand why I made the choice to do arts instead..never mind), I'd have applied to do Neuroscience..
EpsilonZero
:woo:

Hello!

see you in September I guess. I'm chris :smile:
Cool that there's some Vikings around! Dabbled in a bit of Vikings during my undergrad- good fun!
Reply 67
I had to go get passport photos done for uni (it's recommended that you take some along), so here's mine after all.

august08passport.JPG
Nice picture.. :biggrin:

I got some done the other day, and there currently on my floor with the rest of the stationary which i'm taking.
I've only just go round to sending the uni my picture for the student card.. they sent me the email about 4 months ago, oops.
Went into Waterstone's today just to scout out prices for two books I think I'll need (but not buying until I get there) and they were £45 each and one was like a breeze block!

I might have to buy one before I go (by which I mean get the parentals to buy me one) save me some money once I'm there.
Passport photos! Check me out! :biggrin:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2011/passportphoto1bt0.jpg

I don't know if it's uploaded onto the Nottingham Uni site, though.. my portal's not updated. =/
Hey guys. I've done the whole clearing thing too, and so am now anxiously awaiting a massive envelope full of info that I can dive in to :-) especially the reading list...overlong date-filled history book titles here I come!

I'm doing Modern European Studies (history & french & serbian/croatian. oh yes, what an amazing mix, I can't believe I didn't find this course earlier).

Oh, and I also have a slight obsession with norwegian...Kaizers Orchestra got me hooked, and the 'teach yourself norwegian book and cd' is one of my best online buys...shame I have to concentrate on french etc for the next 4 yrs!

I totally agree with the title of this thread; I'd just been scouting around on that forum, I did wonder if it had been misplaced at first...hehe
Reply 72
shylyescence12
Hey guys. I've done the whole clearing thing too, and so am now anxiously awaiting a massive envelope full of info that I can dive in to :-) especially the reading list...overlong date-filled history book titles here I come!

I'm doing Modern European Studies (history & french & serbian/croatian. oh yes, what an amazing mix, I can't believe I didn't find this course earlier).

Oh, and I also have a slight obsession with norwegian...Kaizers Orchestra got me hooked, and the 'teach yourself norwegian book and cd' is one of my best online buys...shame I have to concentrate on french etc for the next 4 yrs!

I totally agree with the title of this thread; I'd just been scouting around on that forum, I did wonder if it had been misplaced at first...hehe

How the hell did you get into listening to Kaizers??? Anyways, I shall have to teach you Norwegian too then!! Just be warned; I only teach the Western Norwegian dialect :wink:
Has anyone actually recieved a reading list, or is it in the welcome pack on the first day..
Reply 74
Alison267
Has anyone actually recieved a reading list, or is it in the welcome pack on the first day..

I think that depends on the department... Mine (politics dep) said that they won't give out reading lists until we start..
Alison267

yeah i got a reading list & a list of the core textbooks throughout my course:smile:
I want one!
Apparently if you went on the website you could see it, but i wouldn't let me.. hmm
Reply 77
I want one too!! I think you have to have registered and have your email address and all that before you can access the online one.. Though you could always ask someone already at Notts to check it for you!!
EvilSheep
I want one too!! I think you have to have registered and have your email address and all that before you can access the online one.. Though you could always ask someone already at Notts to check it for you!!

i tried to log in, but it's disabled until 1st sept, which is monday :p:
Reply 79
dropdead__x
i tried to log in, but it's disabled until 1st sept, which is monday :p:

I know!! Seems like other people have managed though..

Latest

Trending

Trending