The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

EvilSheep
I know!! Seems like other people have managed though..

arghhh, how?!:frown:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
dropdead__x
arghhh, how?!:frown:

There's a self-registration thing somewhere at the website, which some people have managed to do.. I haven't though.. :frown: Got an error and was told to ask support people, and then I was told that i wasn't supposed to register there.. :s-smilie: So I don't know!!
Reply 82
Online registration opens on the 1st September at 12pm. That's what my portal thing told me anyway!
Reply 83
hmjessop
Online registration opens on the 1st September at 12pm. That's what my portal thing told me anyway!

I know, that's what it tells me too.. However, the IT guy told me that I shouldn't register at the self-reg place :s-smilie: Which was a bit strange I thought.. Where else can you register?!!?
Reply 84
EvilSheep
I know, that's what it tells me too.. However, the IT guy told me that I shouldn't register at the self-reg place :s-smilie: Which was a bit strange I thought.. Where else can you register?!!?

You probably can't register on the selfreg page because you're a postgrad (well, I think I remember you saying that...)

Undergrads should be able to use it ok though.
Reply 85
alex-hs
You probably can't register on the selfreg page because you're a postgrad (well, I think I remember you saying that...)

Undergrads should be able to use it ok though.

Nope, not a postgrad, doing the Msci IR & Global Issues.. But it's an undergrad masters...
Reply 86
I'm a postgrad and I managed to do the self reg thing - but my portal still looks the same as it did when I got my offer in February!
Reply 87
EvilSheep
Nope, not a postgrad, doing the Msci IR & Global Issues.. But it's an undergrad masters...

Oh, dunno then.

Zalfalfa
I'm a postgrad and I managed to do the self reg thing - but my portal still looks the same as it did when I got my offer in February!

That's cos you're not logging in with your new username and password - that was the point of the self-registration process. You can just do the self-reg thing again if you've forgotten your username, it doesn't have any effect. (Selfreg is a bit of a misnomer really, as you're not registering at all, it just tells you your username and default password, and allows you to activate you username for certain other areas)
Reply 88
I'm a postgrad, and was able to obtain a new username with selfreg. Loads of new information available, none very useful yet anyway.
Reply 89
Been trying to log in with the new username and password, the portal doesn't work, but the SU thingy does.
Don't know why I'm in such a hurry - I only really have to wait till next Monday!
EvilSheep
How the hell did you get into listening to Kaizers??? Anyways, I shall have to teach you Norwegian too then!! Just be warned; I only teach the Western Norwegian dialect :wink:

Hehe that's fine :-) From what I understand, Kaizers are meant to be singing in some form of dialect....I assume when they sing 'ikkje' they mean 'ikke' and 'eg' is 'jeg'? But it is amazing when you suddenly realise that 'drøm' is not in fact drum, but dream...thus making much more sense!

Well, it's quite a long story, but hey, just make sure you're sitting comfortably :-) basically, my brother showed me this animated video on youtube, something to do with war I seem to remember, and the song in the background was 'bak et halleluja'. I though it was a pretty cool song, very different from anything I'd heard before, so I probably wikipedia'ed them, and started searchng for a cd online. Only to find they're all really expensive. Luckily I was going to Berlin with my school, so I dragged my friends into a music shop and managed to find their live cd. I've loved them ever since! Their new album is awesome. I just love the fact that they sing in norwegian pretty much all the time. I was planning to go over and see them in Norway this summer, but it was just too difficult and expensive to get to...one day!

Anyway...back to topic! (slightly). Have you heard of the norse society? I'm sure I found it on a list somewhere...I will definately be joining that!
Reply 91
shylyescence12
Hehe that's fine :-) From what I understand, Kaizers are meant to be singing in some form of dialect....I assume when they sing 'ikkje' they mean 'ikke' and 'eg' is 'jeg'? But it is amazing when you suddenly realise that 'drøm' is not in fact drum, but dream...thus making much more sense!

Well, it's quite a long story, but hey, just make sure you're sitting comfortably :-) basically, my brother showed me this animated video on youtube, something to do with war I seem to remember, and the song in the background was 'bak et halleluja'. I though it was a pretty cool song, very different from anything I'd heard before, so I probably wikipedia'ed them, and started searchng for a cd online. Only to find they're all really expensive. Luckily I was going to Berlin with my school, so I dragged my friends into a music shop and managed to find their live cd. I've loved them ever since! Their new album is awesome. I just love the fact that they sing in norwegian pretty much all the time. I was planning to go over and see them in Norway this summer, but it was just too difficult and expensive to get to...one day!

Anyway...back to topic! (slightly). Have you heard of the norse society? I'm sure I found it on a list somewhere...I will definately be joining that!

Kaizers are from the South of Norway, around Stavanger or something I think, so they have a rather special dialect. That's really cool though, to find them randomly like that... I have a couple of friends who went to their concert in Bergen, and appaently it was reeeeeally good. I have loads of their stuff on my computer, but I'm not really a big fan for some reason.. :yep:

And yes, ikkje = ikke and eg = jeg...

I've not heard of a norse society, have heard of the Nordic one though.. I will not be joining that though!!
EvilSheep
I've not heard of a norse society, have heard of the Nordic one though.. I will not be joining that though!!

Ah, that's what I meant....and why not?! Hehe. Actually I guess that must be a bit weird.

So what (norwegian) bands do you like? I youtubed 'norwegian ska' and this amazing song caled 'the shepherd' by Domi came up, which I was pretty impressed with.
i've heard registration has been delayed until the 2nd of sept.. but then again this is probably for postgrads..
actually registration is open on sept 1st whilst the finance toolbar is open on sept 2nd!! has anyone decided which gym membership to go for???? im thinkin bronze or silver.. oh why is it so expensive?!?! at de montfort we only got one option which was only £40 for the entire year!!!
Is that gym payment for each term or for the whole year?
the whole year :smile:
Reply 97
shylyescence12
Ah, that's what I meant....and why not?! Hehe. Actually I guess that must be a bit weird.

So what (norwegian) bands do you like? I youtubed 'norwegian ska' and this amazing song caled 'the shepherd' by Domi came up, which I was pretty impressed with.

Well, I've lived in Norway most of my life, so when I'm going aborad to study, seeing other Norwegians and Nordic people is not one of my aims!! I'd rather have friends from the UK + other parts of the world...

I'm not actually a very big fan of any Norwegian bands.. I like a band that's called (or was called) Vamp.. Their songs are quite slow though, not like the rock/punk type music I normally listen to.. My taste in Norwegian music is VERY old fashoned!!
Reply 98
Gah, I've just realised how much stuff I'm actually taking with me!!! I've got two suitcases, one medium-ish and one slightly smaller + hand luggage to drag on the plane and all.. Then I've got 4 moving-boxes + another suitcase (BIG) that's being sent.. Luckily the boxes can all be folded back out, so they won't take up much space, but then there's the suitcases, and obviously all the stuff that's actually in it all!!
I just hope I can fit myself in my room!!
You'll fit somehow- I turned up with so much stuff in first year that it was just ridiculous! I have much more now, but at least the added luxury of living in a house and not having to take it home every holiday!

Latest

Trending

Trending