Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AS options :MAths, F MAths, Chemistry Biology and Physics?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I am planning on taking all of these subjects at six form and was wondering if people think it may be too much? I may drop one science in the second year
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...bored)
    Basically, I am planning on taking all of these subjects at six form and was wondering if people think it may be too much? I may drop one science in the second year
    What did you get in GCSEs, that may give us a better idea as to whether you can cut it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people do it. If you think you're capable, then why not?
    Chemistry and Physics do require quite a lot of work, unless you're a genius or you're just really good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    jesus, you'll be a bloody hero if you can pull it off!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely doable cos the maths complement the physics. If you're good at science and that's what you want to do at Uni then go for it
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to do EXACTLY the same, but now I'm not doing Physics, because I personally think it's too much
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    That is exactly what my friend is taking. He is some what a genius though lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That will be ALOT of work.
    Dont doubt that... considering thats (in my opinion) that hardest set of A levels you could do!

Try it, and if its too much; drop one
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I strted with that and dropped f maths after a few months because of the workload. Try it and if you cant keep it up drop one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to take this set of subjects but got convinced out of it by a college tutor. Biggest regret of my college life, take all 5 you can always drop 2 at the end of the year if need be.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    FMaths AND Physics is probably not needed unless you want to do Engineering. I suggest that you drop one or the other personally because it will allow you to concentrate a lot better on the other subjects which in turn should result in higher grades and marks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got double A in sciences, but could have had A stars with could ISA exams ( i think i got a C in them) lol. But maths i reeally enjoy and , its my best subject ( got an A star). Got full marks in my chemistry modules, and i may do chemical engineering/ maybe go into medicine. Choosing all of these subjects may keep my options open, and gives me time to think about what subjects i would like to study at university.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Try them all, if you can't handle it, just drop the one you find the hardest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the advise. MY dad is a physics professor and he says if I am good at maths I will find Physics extremely straightforward and painless. Is this true?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    in addition i believe biology is the hardest science subject.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did those choices to A2, drop biology as it's not really useful for much and it's not interesting and will take you a lot of time to memorise all the mark schemes necessary for an A. If I had my time again I'd take PE or something interesting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I started the year doing those options, ended up dropping the Chemistry in January. I have no regrets about doing the 5 at the start though because I started the year doing Chemistry and Biology because I wanted to do medicine, then had a change of heart.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the advise. MY dad is a physics professor and he says if I am good at maths I will find Physics extremely straightforward and painless. Is this true?
    hmmm there's not that much maths at A level physics but at Uni it definitely becomes much more mathematical so being good at maths seriously helps.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am taking maths further maths bio chem and economics

A lot of people have advised against but I want to try it out first because there is no harm in trying... and if its too much i'll drop chemsitry/biology/further maths depending on which i dont like most.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2008
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.