The Student Room Group

Will I get an offer for PPE?

My AS levels were A,B,B,D. I'm looking to do PPE and these appear to be the typical offers at the places I'm looking at.

Durham: AAA-AAB
Warwick: AAB(b)
York: AAB
Exeter: ABB (for Philosophy and the Political Economy.)

Honestly, do I have any sort of chance and how likely is it I will get offers?

Also do you have to have straight As to apply to oxford? I mean I obviously won't but I'm thinking post-A2 if I can move myself up to As will it be worth it?

Many thanks. :smile:
one way ti find out frankly, Oxbridge would be difficult and probs Durham and Warwick but remember you do have five choices at the end of the day so why not have a couple of long shots and jsut see what happens.

Best of luck frankly and with a good reference and personal statement you should be in with a shot really
Reply 2
Yeah thanks very much, just needed some confirmation.
Reply 3
Hi,

My AS-level results were ABBC (in RS, Economics, English lit + lang, and Maths) and I'm looking to study philosophy and economics too.

I want to apply to Bristol (AAB-ABB), Warwick (AABb), Exeter (ABB), Southampton (ABB) and East Anglia (ABB-BBB).

Does anyone reckon i'll get offers with those AS-level grades???
ChloeGsy
Hi,

My AS-level results were ABBC (in RS, Economics, English lit + lang, and Maths) and I'm looking to study philosophy and economics too.

I want to apply to Bristol (AAB-ABB), Warwick (AABb), Exeter (ABB), Southampton (ABB) and East Anglia (ABB-BBB).

Does anyone reckon i'll get offers with those AS-level grades???

Bristol, Warwick and Exeter will be hard because your C was in Maths. Most of them require A or B. you should be ok at the other 2 with good predictions.
Reply 5
Is even Exeter going to hate me because of my maths? I'm 3 marks off a B so am trying to scrape the 3 marks from across the 3 papers. I'm predicted AABB for A2. I know there's not really any point at all in applying to Bristol but i always wanted to go there so i sort of have to!
ChloeGsy
Is even Exeter going to hate me because of my maths? I'm 3 marks off a B so am trying to scrape the 3 marks from across the 3 papers. I'm predicted AABB for A2. I know there's not really any point at all in applying to Bristol but i always wanted to go there so i sort of have to!

I dotn know you might be able to convince exeter, im sure you can get the three. Warwick is actually harder to get into than bristol by the way.
Reply 7
Thankyou, i had always been given the impression that it was the other way around.
I really like the look of exeter although Bristol will always be my favourite.
do GCSE results help at all?
Reply 8
AS are far much more important than GCSEs.
Reply 9
I've got BBC in AS is there any chance of getting an offer from unis like York, Oxford, Warwick to read PPE? I'm planning to retake the AS so that it'll look much better.
Reply 10
Wow how many people are actually applying PPE this year.
Its gonna be intense competition.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending