The Student Room Group
Probably someone has, yes.

Rarely though.
Reply 2
Yeah i presume someone has...most probably someone with EC activities that don't really show anything...i.e being part of a club that plays hungry hippo competitively etc
Reply 3
RatherRachel
I was just wondering if any has gotten into medicine without extracurricular activities. By that I mean sport and music and other stuff like that, not voluntary work.

xX

I don't think there massively important, i've read lots of personal statements where the applicant has talken about why they want to be a doctor, their work experience and voluntary work. Remember you only have 4000 characters to play with which is about 600-650 words.

But what a lot of people do is and what you can do is mention towards the end 'In my spare time I learn how to play the piano and recently took up rock climbing, I find that this......'
yes.
not sporty, not musical. still got in. as long as u have something going for you don't worry. the whole way through applying i was paranoid everyone was better than me but don't get hung up on trying to do all the right things, just do what you enjoy and be yourself.
Reply 6
I think you will find a lot of people that have done nothing sporty/musical, but very few people who do absolutely nothing in their free time.
Reply 7
I agree with Beth
Hmm, they're always interested in long-term commitments....

I think i'm pretty much screwed for that one. Does reading count?
T kay
I don't think there massively important, i've read lots of personal statements where the applicant has talken about why they want to be a doctor, their work experience and voluntary work. Remember you only have 4000 characters to play with which is about 600-650 words.

But what a lot of people do is and what you can do is mention towards the end 'In my spare time I learn how to play the piano and recently took up rock climbing, I find that this......'

True, though they are still important!

Latest

Trending

Trending