The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature boundary lowered?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smellycat_forever
Well I find the whole UMS system a bit hard to understand but my teacher told me that each extra UMS is worth between 1-3 marks more e.g. a person with 39 UMS has between 1-3 more marks than someone with 38 UMS. So you could theoratically be between 4 and 16 marks of an a* but I honestly can't be too sure. I'd speak to your teacher if I was you, they'd have a much better idea of whether a remark would make a difference. But remember that the unit 3 was the coursework piece so I'm not sure if it is harder to get higher marks on a remark of coursework.

Hope this helps in some way. I myself got 172 UMS and am considering a remark on unit 1.

ah thanks a lot,im gonna ask myteacher then as that coursework is my besst bet of getting a higher grade and i usually do good on coursework

thanks again
in my exam I ran out of time and only wrote a very messy, short essay and I got an A*
Meanwhile, I did a resit for another unit, thought I'd done well but got an A.
Moral of the story = I need to be pessimistic, always.
You don't have to finish the exam to do well. If you firmly establish the standard of an A*, just bulletpoint the rest of your essay and you can still get high marks.
only just remembered i got my remark back went up 7 marks needed 1 more for A* :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest