The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi wwy90
I ll be joining UCL mechanical Engineering with Business and Finance.My offer was conditional to 3.6/4 in Calculus 2 (i was doing my freshman year in USA).I got 4/4 and so became unconditional.See u there.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
87 kar
Hi wwy90
I ll be joining UCL mechanical Engineering with Business and Finance.My offer was conditional to 3.6/4 in Calculus 2 (i was doing my freshman year in USA).I got 4/4 and so became unconditional.See u there.

Hi!

I'm doing the same. MEng or BEng?
Reply 3
Hi Beiruti

I am doing BEng and I am also from Beirut.
Reply 4
Lol PHEW, and I thought I was the only one doing the course. Hello guys I am doing till M Eng.:biggrin:
Reply 5
i gonna be there too
Reply 6
Where are u from 1asdf2fdsa? U doing till M Eng too?
Reply 7
yea i am from afghanistan
Reply 8
Hey people, i heard that a lot of people fail for this course. Any opinions?
Reply 9
wwy90
Hey people, i heard that a lot of people fail for this course. Any opinions?

Where did you hear this from?I wish we could ask some current UCL students taking this course.
adam wojick the admin tutor told me that most university 1st year exams dont count that much of the overall grade since most people just party and stuff and have fun however imperial oxbridge and ucl 1st year counts for quite a high percentage of the overall grade so he said dont just totally ignore the 1st year

i did hear that alot of people drop out
Reply 11
Thanks for the speedy reply. U doing till M Eng also right? Hope to see you there soon. Did you do A Levels also?
Reply 12
To kar87, I heard this from some of the seniors doing the course as they mailed me personally. Anyway, opinions like this are very subjective so I think we should keep an open mind.
hey i know its a bit late actually very late but how is the prospects of getting a job after graduating
Reply 14
For the UK, I am not too sure. But for other parts of the world, I think they look at which uni u r from. Speaking in general, Mech Engineers are the highest earning engineers in the US and one of the top 5 in the world.
Reply 15
U stay in London, have you ever seen anyone doing Mech Eng in the UK 1asdf2fdsa and what jobs do they land on. That will give you a perspective.
Reply 16
Hey,
Doing Meng with Finance. See you guys in a few weeks. From Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Reply 17
Hello to you. Hope to see you there too. :smile:
Reply 18
Hi again
Has anybody received a fresher's pack?I 've been reading that some students from other faculties have received some info about registration.
If it is arriving by mail I am not sure I will receive any, as the mail is very slow from London to Lebanon.
Thanks for any info.
Reply 19
Haven't received anything either.

Latest

Trending

Trending