The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't want to make a new topic, so decided to revive this thread.
I'm reading over my personal statement and trying the limits in UCAS. In Word it fits both the line and character limits. But as I pasted it into UCAS and clicked preview, a message appeared saying that my personal statement is 2 lines over 47. Fair enough, I removed some long words and to me it appeared as I removed at least one line, but UCAS still told me I was 2 lines over the limit. It also said that only 47 lines will be saved.
I checked the personal statement in the 'view all details' (or whatever it is called) section and nothing had been deleted, the lines also seem to be longer there, maybe that is why. However, I wanted to test whether they display the exceeded lines in the 'view all section' and added a few more lines to the personal statement so that it definitely exceeded both the line and the character limit. In the 'view all details' section the lines I added were cut off (just like 2-3 extra lines I added for testing were displayed).

So now my question is, which to trust, the 'view all details' section where the original personal statement is shown correctly and nothing is cut off or the section where I insert the personal statement where it constantly tells me that I have exceeded my limit?

I'm sorry for the long rant, but it is just driving me extremely mad at the moment :p:
Reply 21
*bump* as Im having the same problem! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Anyone? :frown: Should have made a new thread perhaps to get more attention, but still keeping my fingers crossed for an answer.
Sorry for being so impatient, but it is really important..
Reply 23
Can you not ring/email UCAS? The number is +44 (0)871 468 0 468, open until 6 today. Contact details also here: http://www.ucas.com/about_us/contact_us/

But yeah, your problem does seem very confusing :s-smilie:

Hope that helps,

J
I think mine is okay now. I have used 42 lines and 3324 characters, which is quite comfortably within the limit. I was thinking of asking for it to be vetted here, but I've already changed and fretted over it so much that I'm at the point of despair now, and que sera, sera, or whatever the saying is. :P
Reply 25
Original post by mollymustard

Keep in mind that TSR has an excellent PS service, where you can submit your draft and get it checked by a University student who will give you advice on how to improve it etc.

WHEREEEEEE! And how fast do they return it? And is it a student in the relevant course?

I thought it was 5000 without spaces, getting mixed up with my EPQ word limit....
I currently have 3593 characters on my Other Skills and ending, nothing maths related whatsoever.... Uh oh.

And when it says lines, what font and size is this because mine's on 39 lines at the moment on Calibri size 11...

HELP.

Latest

Trending

Trending