The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
786Angel786 - Thanks, wish you the best of luck too, I'm sure you'll be fine as you seem determined! Forgot to say, I got quite a few B's no A*'s in GCSE modules.

trefusis128 - I'm applying for biochemistry at uni, I'm not sure what I want to do after but possibly research or teaching. I chose my subjects to keep my options open because I didn't know what I wanted to do, there's loads you can do with them from medicine to law.
AS-Level Biology is easy enough; the concepts are thoroughly lucid mostly, although there is a plathora of things to remember, and due to my sieve-like brain, this was the only challenging aspect of the course. There are some highly interesting topics, the basic biochemistry covered - i.e. the nature of biological molecules such as proteins and nucleic acids, and the latter's role in the manufacture of the former was very enlightening.

AS-Level Chemistry is certainly tougher than Biology, although I would disregard the hype surrounding it relating to its allgeged difficulty; the concepts are fairly easy to grasp, although the course does have some mathematical content which could pose problems, and I felt this was a tougher area of the subject.

If you did only get a C in the subjects at GCSE, I would excercise caution in your descision -- although a commited worker would, I imagine, be able to get respectable results.

I reckon A2 is gonna be much harder than AS -- so I'm kind of nervous about that myself. :frown:

Latest