The Student Room Group

Confusion

Hi people,

I'm 18 and gonna be 19 in December. I'm about to start my second year of my BTEC National Dip in Vehicle Technology repairs and servicing and I'm looking to progress onto uni next year to study Automotive Tech with management. The uni of Herfordshire which offers this, claim u dont need A Level maths or physics because obviously its not a BENG, instead being a BSC.

I'm confused we cover some maths on the BTEC but nowhere near the amount the BTEC Mechanical Engineering class does and I've been allowed to do an access course to science and engineering this year if I wish instead.

What would be better keeping in mind the uni said I dont need maths or physics altho i heard they cover them on the course but not as deep.

Should I still do the access or will it be not needed and too hard as a person who is not that keen on maths to great extent and also considering my age will the access be wrong for me??!

I have been getting straight distinctions on my BTEC but shud I LEAVE WITH THE BTEC NATIONAL CERTIFICATE AND DO THE ACCESS THIS YEAR INSTEAD?

I just wanna know and be as best prepared as pos!

Many thanks guys

Alex
In your circumstances I think it would be a good idea to talk to the admissions tutor at your target university to discuss what would be best, armed with knowledge of what maths you are likely to cover. It may be that the course will cover everything you need.

Latest

Trending

Trending