The Student Room Group

Kings College London vs Brunel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

I'd say Brunel and Queen Mary are pretty much similar going by their entry requirements, but i heard Queen Mary's Mile End campus is a ****hole.

yeah ive heard alot of bad stuff about their campus (I'm gonna live in my nans flat so its not too much of a big deal for me)
im stil lworried about its reputation, lots of people say Iwont be able to get a good finance job if Igo there. But Kings college is so hard to get into if I want to go to a uni in London.
Reply 21
jabed786
yeah ive heard alot of bad stuff about their campus (I'm gonna live in my nans flat so its not too much of a big deal for me)
im stil lworried about its reputation, lots of people say Iwont be able to get a good finance job if Igo there. But Kings college is so hard to get into if I want to go to a uni in London.

Queen Mary's fine. It's definitely got a better rep than Brunel. QM is a good back-up choice if you don't get into King's.
Reply 22

Queen Mary's fine. It's definitely got a better rep than Brunel. QM is a good back-up choice if you don't get into King's.

thanks for the reassurance that QM has better rep :smile:
It might be my Firm or Insurrance, it depends if Kings College will even give me an offer and if I can get the grades.

I am gonna try persuading the college to predict me AAB even though everything points against it lol like my **** AS results and there own primary predictions (BBC).
menameis
Yeah, im sure a 2.2 from anywhere is pretty much useless.

For placement and internships it is probably true unless you have extenuating circumstances but you can do a Master's with 2:2.
Reply 24
Yeah, im sure a 2.2 from anywhere is pretty much useless.

actually I read an article from the Times that a 2.2 is becoming increasingly accepted by employers because it gives them a wider pool of potential employees
I would ignore it. Aim for a 2.1, and nothing less.
Reply 26
Original post by menameis
I need advice on deciding where to go. At Kings i would end up doing Computer Science whereas Brunel - Economics. I am not so much into CS but already know alot of the stuff which i will be covering in modules within CS, I am more persuaded to go there because of the great reputation the uni has. As for Economics, i dont know much about it but it is more related to the industry i want to work in (Accountancy/Trading/Banking/ etc). Which would be the best option considering the fact that i want to end up working in finance?

Its up to you.! but I am a KCL Computer Science with Management Student first year student and I must say a lot of employers do value KCL students. KCL is a pretty good uni, but you must understand that Computer Science is nothing compared to Economics as CS is nothing like 'walk in the park'. CS degree is very insense, a lot, many, many programming involve..- including discrete mathematics.

As a CS with Management Student, I pretty much enjoy both programming and economics. Economics is pretty easy as it involves researching information and statistics. Whereas, programming is hard. Its nothing you've done at school, trust me ! I know!!! In basic terms, I can probably do economics even with eyes closed lol.....Programming is pretty tough. If you were in my shoes, you'll feel the same.

I highly recommend Kings to anyone. Best choice I have made in my life. Remember kings is in top 20 in the whole world. They have many connections and they teach you to become a professional programmer and managers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending