The Student Room Group

Kings College London vs Brunel

I need advice on deciding where to go. At Kings i would end up doing Computer Science whereas Brunel - Economics. I am not so much into CS but already know alot of the stuff which i will be covering in modules within CS, I am more persuaded to go there because of the great reputation the uni has. As for Economics, i dont know much about it but it is more related to the industry i want to work in (Accountancy/Trading/Banking/ etc). Which would be the best option considering the fact that i want to end up working in finance?

Scroll to see replies

KCL.
I don't think an eco degree from Brunel would help for something like finance/IB...

But what ever you prefer tbh.
Reply 2
So what exactly would i be able to do with an Economics degree from Brunel?
menameis
So what exactly would i be able to do with an Economics degree from Brunel?

Dude sadly i don't know much about economics so i can't answer that, but i've heard that to get into Investment banking/Finance you should aim for atleast 1 of the top uni's.

I'd still persuade you to go kings, based on reputation, unless you find brunel better for you.

Sorry i can't give you a thorough answer.
Reply 4
hmm alright, anyone here know if an eco degree from brunel is a waste of time?
Reply 5
In reality its a choice between a uni you don't want to go to or the course you don't want to do..

I know this sounds harsh.
brunel..i would not study cs unless you are a good coder and good at maths. stay away from it!
Reply 7
menameis
hmm alright, anyone here know if an eco degree from brunel is a waste of time?

It is. Go to KCL. You'll have a better chance in life if you do.
akmd
It is. Go to KCL. You'll have a better chance in life if you do.

dont chat crap. he will never succeed in cs unless he is really good at coding.
Reply 9
I know C++/VB and a bit of Java already so coding is not a problem. I really want to know is a Brunel degree a waste of time.
It is if you just end up with a 2.2 at the end of it LOL. But you can easily get a job at the big4 or work in financial institutions (forget goldman sachs, though)
Reply 11
prospectivEEconomist
It is if you just end up with a 2.2 at the end of it LOL. But you can easily get a job at the big4 or work in financial institutions (forget goldman sachs, though)

You talknig about cs @ KCL or Brunel Eco?
brunel, but 2.2 from kcl won't get you far, either.
Reply 13
prospectivEEconomist
dont chat crap. he will never succeed in cs unless he is really good at coding.

what you mong?
Reply 14
Yeah, im sure a 2.2 from anywhere is pretty much useless.
look at the jobs that previous econ students at brunel have got...if you are satisfied with that then just go there, work your arse off and I am sure you will land up with a good job :biggrin:
Reply 16
A quick question: is Brunel better than Queen Mary? like which is more reputable?

also how easy is it to get an offer from Kings college if you get BCD/BDD for your AS levels?
Reply 17
prospectivEEconomist
look at the jobs that previous econ students at brunel have got...if you are satisfied with that then just go there, work your arse off and I am sure you will land up with a good job :biggrin:

Where can i find this?
Reply 18
jabed786
A quick question: is Brunel better than Queen Mary? like which is more reputable?

also how easy is it to get an offer from Kings college if you get BCD/BDD for your AS levels?

I'd say Brunel and Queen Mary are pretty much similar going by their entry requirements, but i heard Queen Mary's Mile End campus is a ****hole.
their website...or unistats.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending